Thirty-three

{this is Renee's outfit for this chapter!}

-Monty's pov

My eyes drooped as I listened to my friends argue about who letting all of us back to their house after school.

"We went back to my house yesterday, it's your turn." Scott rolled his eyes at Zach in frustration.

"You know we can't go back to my mine, my mom would freak about us all leaving a huge mess." He sighed and a few of the guys laughed.

We had only been in school thirty minutes, and I pretty much already wanted to drop dead.

I hadn't slept one wink last night. My mind raced with thoughts of Renee and how I could win her back.

Although she hadn't officially broken up with me, not one of my calls to her had been answered, and she'd left all my texts on read.

It was like she wanted me to go through the pain, like she was waiting till I was at my breaking point before ending things for good, and that terrified the shit out of me.

I couldn't lose Renee. She was the only girl I had ever loved.

I never loved Kennedy like I love Renee. Fuck, I never even loved that girl.

It was my dad who brought Kennedy and I together, not by my own choice.

The only reason I couldn't tell Renee about it, was because I wasn't ready to fully open up about my past to her yet.

It was like a dark  feeling that haunted me, deep in the back of my brain.

Although I knew it was the right thing to tell Renee about my real past with Kennedy, it would be like releasing all those old feelings of pain and heartbreak all over again.

"What do you think, Mont?" I was snapped out of my reverie by the sound of Justin's voice speaking next to me.

"Sorry, what?" I shook my head, squinting my eyes slightly at the group.

The three boys shared a quick glance between one another, before turning back to me.

"You were thinking about her again, weren't you?" Scott's voice softened as he patted me lightly on the shoulder.

How could I not think about her? I might have possible lost the love of my life all because of some stupid bitch who couldn't let her past with me go.

"I just can't believe Kennedy would come back and ruin my life like that." I sighed deeply, allowing air to escape through my nose.

"Because that's just who she is." Zach rolled his eyes bitterly. "She's a manipulative little asshole who won't stop now until she has you to herself."

I sighed, knowing that what he said was right. Zach was close friends with Renee, so he hated Kennedy almost as much as I did.

Him and I used to be best friends during junior year, which is when i started dating Kennedy.

I told him everything, and Zach was always the one person that was there for me. If it wasn't for the fact that I had managed to open up to him, he would probably hate me like Renee did.

"We've got your back through this bro." Justin sent me an assuring smile as he hung an arm loosely round my shoulder.

I sent him a weak smile back, and opened my mouth to thank him, but swiftly pressed my lips back together when my eyes latched onto the one person I was afraid of seeing all day.

My eyes widened as they locked with Renee's.

I felt my whole insides sink and my heart dropped as she shot me a cold glare in return, before returning her eyes to the hall in front of her.