Six

-Renee's pov

It was a few hours later and I was really starting to regret coming to this party.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy parties, just not the whole drinking part; and that is something this school is very big on.

I sat by myself in the outdoor seating area, watching all the drunk teens swaying along to the music, completely out of sync.

I still had the same alcoholic beverage in my hands that Zach had given to me at the start of the night.

Everyone was either busy dancing, or too intoxicated to have a proper conversation with.

I didn't know where anyone that I recognised was, so after a few minutes I decided to go and find Mitch to see if he was ready to go home.

My petite body squeezed through the crowds of stumbling, obnoxious teens as my eyes scanned the area for any sign of my brother.

Suddenly, I felt my body bump into something hard and muscular.

I looked up to see Scotty smiling down at me.

"Oh, sorry Renee." He apologised for bumping into me.

"No worries Scotty." I smiled at him. "Have you seen Mitch around?" 

He stayed quiet for a moment; as if he was thinking about the last time he saw him.

"Uh, last time I saw him, he went down there." Scotty pointed towards a little hut at the end of the garden.

"Thanks." I shot him a quick smile before following in the direction that Scotty had pointed me in.

Once I got to the end of the garden, I noticed that the light inside the hut was on, signalling that someone was inside.

I stood, listening for any sound of voices for a moments, before reluctantly deciding to open the thin, wooden door slowly.

I really hope it was Mitch inside here.

It only took a few moments for me to immediately regret opening the door.

"Mitc-" My mouth slammed shut as I stared at a familiar brunette making out with a blonde girl; who was only stood in her underwear.

"Shit, Renee." Monty immediately pulled away from the blonde, who stared at me with an evil glare.

"O-oh I'm sorry." I whispered before slamming the door shut behind me as I ran back into the garden.

My heart felt like it has just dropped out of my chest. Hot, wet tears rolled down my cheeks as I rushed towards the house.

"Renee!" Monty's voice suddenly shouted from behind me.

"Ren." His voice was closer now and he gently pulled my wrist to turn me around, once he had caught up with me.

"What Monty?" I rolled my eyes once I was facing him.

Monty didn't say anything; instead his face dropped to a frown as his eyes scanned over my face.

"Are you crying?" His voice suddenly turned soft, like I'd never heard it before.

"What do you want Monty?" I said, ignoring his last question.

"You weren't supposed to see that." He sighed.

"No fucking way." I scoffed sarcastically at him before pulling my arm out of his grip and continuing towards the busy house.

"Wait Renee!" His desperate voice called after me, but I just ignored it as I ran into the house.

I kept running until I felt my body holt into something that felt like a brick wall; instantly causing me to hiss out in pain.

"Watch where your fucking goi-" A familiar voice yelled from in front of me. "Jesus Ren, slow down." Mitch stared down at me, his voice lowering as he realised who it was.

"Can we go home?" I whispered, tears still falling from my eyes.

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?" Mitch's face was filled with concern and panic.

"Can we please just go home?" I said as my eyes subconsciously traveled towards Monty, who was screaming and kicking the ground as Zach and Justin tried to calm him down.

"That piece of shit!" Mitch growled under his breath as his eyes followed my gaze. "What did he do to you?" He turned to me.

"Nothing, it's fine. Let's go." I rushed, tugging on his arm.

Mitch harshly shook my grip away and stormed over towards where Monty and the others were.

"Mitch, no!" I tried to pull him back.

"Let me go Renee." His voice was stern and threatening, causing my to immediately let go.

"Wait outside for me." He instructed before storming towards Monty.

I nodded my head quickly before running towards the front door.

One I got outside though, I searched through my contacts and called Hannah.

Instead of waiting for Mitch, I decided to ask her to pick me up.

"Hello?" Hannah's tired voice sounded from the other end of the phone after a few seconds.

"H-Hannah." I whimpered.

"Are you okay?" She said, her voice laced with worry.

"Can you please come and pick me up." I cried into the phone.

"Y-yeah sure. I'll be there in 5." She sounded extremely confused.

"Thank you." I spoke before ending the call.

As I waited for Hannah to arrive, I decided to let myself think over what just happened.

Why was I crying? Me and Monty weren't even together. Hell, he didn't even say he liked me.

So why was I so upset over this boy making out with a random girl?

Even thinking about what I had just witnessed, instantly triggered more hot tears to pour from my eyes.

I just thought that maybe, maybe he actually did like me back, and that everything Mitch had warned me about wasn't true.

It wasn't long until Hannah's little black car pulled up in front of me.

I stood up from my currently position, sat on the damp grass of Bryce's front garden, and ran towards Hannah's car.

"What's happened?" Hannah watched me as I quickly hopped into the passengers seat of her car.

"I fucking hate boys." I muttered as I swiftly wiped away the damp tears from my eyes with my jacket sleeve.

-

Do you think Monty will regret kissing that girl?

Do you think he likes Renee back?

Votes and comments are highly appreciated!

Love y'all