Thirty-one

-Renee's pov

Monday

I woke up to the ignorant sound of my alarm buzzing through my room.

I groaned in frustration, hoping that somehow my phone would magically turn itself off.

However, it didn't. I slowly opened my eyes, before using all the energy I could force up to roll over and snooze my alarm.

My eyes focused on the time that was displayed on my phone screen, which read 7:30am.

I literally had half an hour until school started.

The thought of even having to walk through those halls and see Monty, instantly doomed upon me.

I had spent the whole night crying myself to sleep, ignoring all the calls and texts my friends were giving me.

"Morning sunshine." The sound of Mitch's wary voice snapped me out of my verie, as I turned to face him at the door.

"Morning." My groggy voice manged to whisper out as I began to rub my right temple with my fingers.

I guess crying yourself to sleep for hours really strains you out.

Mitch scratched the back of his neck as he pressed his lips together, before slowly making his way over to my bed.

"How are you feeling this morning?" His voice was laced with genuine concern. I was so grateful to have a brother that cared about me so much, like Mitch did.

I stayed silent for a moment, licking my tongue over my chapped lips. "I could be better." I chuckled slightly, trying to lighten the mood.

Despite being heart broken about what I found out last night, I didn't want to keep thinking about it.

I had ignored every single on of Monty's calls, so that I didn't have to talk to him.

The two of us hadn't officially broken up, and quite frankly I didn't know if I wanted to. But i'm hoping he got the hint that I didn't want to speak to him, from all the missed calls.

"Hurry up and get ready, I've made breakfast for you." My lips curved upwards into a weak smile as Mitch ruffled my already messy hair before leaving me alone in my bedroom.

-

"You ready to see him?" Mitch's tone was low and serious as he turned to face me from the drivers seat of the car.

"No." I answered bluntly before grabbing my bag from by my feet and climbing out his car.

I heard Mitch sigh from inside, before following my actions.

As the two of us walked into the school, I could feel the sympathetic stared from others around me as I past them.

The news of what happened last night was probably round the whole school right now.

Everyone was acting like they felt sorry for me to my face, but behind my back they probably thought I was just a stupid naive girl who fell into the popular boys traps.

Hell, I even thought that of myself right now.

"Everyone's staring." I muttered under my breath so only Mitch could hear, as I kept my head low to try and avoid anyone's burning gazes.

"I know, just ignore them. They're all nosy assholes anyway." He scoffed as he shot a few random sophomores a stern glare as they whispered my name as we past.

We continued to walk through the tense air of the halls, until I heard someone call my name.

"Hey guys!" I looked up to see Zach waving us over to his locker.