Twenty-three

-Renee's pov

"I still can't believe he fucking ditched you for some stupid football after party." I turned my head away from the car window at the sound of Jess's annoyed voice.

"Yeah, he's an asshole." Justin agreed, from the drivers seat next to her.

I didn't say anything for a few moments. Instead I just sat there and listened to Jess rant on about how much of a dick Monty was.

"Yeah, well I guess I just thought I was a little more important to him than getting high and drunk." I sighed as I played with my fingers on my lap.

"Hey." I glanced up to see Justin staring at me through the rear view mirror. "Monty can be a complete douche, but he does love you. I just don't know what got into him tonight."

I took a deep breath at Justin's words, and instead of replying, I just focused my eyes back on the slightly damp backseat window beside me.

If he loved me, he wouldn't have ditched me for a party that will be on again next weekend anyway.

It wasn't long until we were pulled up outside Bryce's giant mansion, that was already blaring music that could be heard from down the street.

"There ya go." Justin smiled at me as he opened the back door of the car for me.

"Aw Jess, you got yourself a gentleman." I grinned, patting Justin lightly on the chest after I had climbed out the car.

"They're hard to find these days." Jess rolled her eyes playfully as Justin smoothly wrapped his arm around her petite waste.

A forced smile played at my lips as I swallowed a small lump in my throat. Part of me wished that, that was me and Monty right now.

But instead he had to be an ass who chose alcohol over me.

"Thank you guys for the lift by the way. If I told Mitch about what happened, he would probably murder Monty the first chance he got." I laughed lightly at the pair.

"It's no trouble, Ren." Jess smiled genuinely at me.

"Yeah, you've always got the two of us. Whenever." Justin's added to his girlfriends words.

My heart practically melted at his words, and my lips curved up into a smile.

"I love you guys." I said before blowing the two a kiss with both hands.

As the three of us walked through the large double doors of Bryce's house, the scent of weed and alcohol immediately hit me.

My face creased slightly at the strong smell as it got even stronger, the further we walked through the house.

"Drinks?" Justin spoke up once we had stopped by the large drinks bar in Bryce's kitchen.

"Sure." Jess and I practically answered in sync.

Justin nodded before starting to fix the three of us up with a large cup of whatever was in the punch on the table.

No one ever knew what was in the punch at a party. But what was for sure, is that whatever it was, got you pretty wasted after just a few sips.

"Don't take this the wrong way.." Jess started as she leaned against the kitchen counter behind her. "But how come you decided to come to the party tonight?"

I stared at her for a few seconds, not even knowing the answer myself.

"Uhm, I guess I thought I might as well just join the party instead of going home and moping around over some asshole that clearly doesn't care about me." I shrugged in conclusion.