Thirty-six

-Renee's pov

I slowly traced around the shape of my lips as I applied the last bit of lipgloss to them.

My hands were shaking as I placed the light pink lip kit back onto my vanity, as I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

I had on a pair of black jeans, a black sweater, and my white vans; the same outfit I was wearing at school today.

I took a long, deep breath as I stared at myself nervously in the mirror. Tonight would be the make or break of me and Monty.

"He's going to come." I whispered to myself in the mirror, as I straightened out my outfit for the hundredth time.

Ever since i had given Monty that note today in History, all my mind could do was think of all the different scenarios of what could happen tonight.

Best outcome could be that he shows up and we talk through our problems enough to try our relationship again.

Worst possible outcome, he doesn't come at all and I'm left stood in the freezing cold, with a broken heart.

I shook my head, as the negative thoughts started to outweigh the good ones, trying to shake them out of my mind.

As I picked up my phone, my eyes scanned over the time on the screen, which read 8pm.

It was time.

I quickly placed my phone in the front pocket of my sweater, before making my way out of my bedroom, and downstairs.

Luckily for me, no one was home. Both my parents had started up their busy schedules again, and were at work, and Mitch was at Bryce's.

I hope that bitch Kennedy wasn't there with them. The last thing I needed was her trying to hook up with my brother next.

-

The cold winters breezes nipped at the sensitive skin on my cheeks as I tapped my foot nervously against the hard ground, as I sat alone on the park bench, waiting for Monty to arrive.

"He's going to come, Renee. He's going to fucking show up." I muttered, trying to reassure the anxious nerves that had spread across my whole body, causing nervous butterfly's in the pit of my stomach.

Although I still had no idea what I was going to say, or how I was going to say it, I knew that him and i needed to talk through things.

Even though he had a lot of explaining to do for his fucked up actions, I had also messed up. I needed to apologise for humiliating him in front of everyone, and just being an all around bitch to him.

Another twenty minutes passed, and the anxious nerves that were once dancing around my body, were now replaced with the sinking feeling of disappointment.

Monty wasn't coming.

Although I acted like i didn't care in front of him earlier, everything inside of me was hoping he would turn up.

Life without Monty, was honestly like a life not worth living. I didn't realise how much I needed this boy in my life until these last couple of days.

A loud sigh left my mouth as I stood my body up from the bench, ready to make the depressing walk back home.

However, my heart stopped as my body froze, when my eyes caught sight of a muffled, dark figure walking towards me from the distance.

As the stranger walked closer, a light blue letterman jacket glimmered in the dim street lights, and that's when I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my chest.