Thirty-two

-Renee's pov

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Jess narrowed her eyebrows at me as we stood outside the piercing studio.

"Yeah, Ren, this is going to hurt a lot." Sherri added and I rolled my eyes.

After my huge encounter with Monty at school, I couldn't handle staying in that shit hole any longer, so I asked Sherri and Jess to skip with me.

They gladly accepted my offer, partially because I think they felt guilty for not telling me about Kennedy. But they weren't to know all the shit Monty told me, so I couldn't be mad at them.

They are my best friends after all.

I think the pair were expecting to just go to Monets and chill or something, but I had other plans.

Kennedy's words have rang through my head over and over since she said it.

"You're boring"

The more I thought about it, the more i found it harder to deny what she was saying. There was nothing special about me.

I had boring long blonde hair, I rarely wore makeup, and my style was as basic as you could get.

It was time for a change.

"Oh sweeties, this is just the first part of what I have planned for today." I turned to my friends with a devious smirk across my face.

The two girls shared a quick glance of concern between one another, and I just shrugged it off before making my way into the parlour.

-

"I can't believe you didn't fucking cry." Jess commented as we walked out of the studio.

"It didn't really hurt." I shrugged whilst admiring my new nose piercing in my phones camera.

"It makes you look hot as hell though." Sherri admired my new feature as we walked down the quiet street. "It makes you look more edgy."

I smirked to myself, knowing that this wasn't the only thing that was going to intensify my appearance. One piercing wasn't going to grab everybody's attention.

"We're not done yet." I mentioned with a grin as my friends eyes widened.

They both stared at one another for a few moments before anyone spoke up again.

"What do you mean?" Sherri leaned forward slightly as she inquired in concern.

"You're dying my hair." I laughed at the looks of dread that now hung over my two friends faces.

"What colour?" Jess eagerly inquired as she grabbed a piece of my hair, rubbing it through her fingers.

"Pink." Both Jess and Sherri's eyes widened as I flicked a long piece of hair behind my shoulder, continuing down the road.

*

"Oh my, fucking god Ren." The three of us stood in front of my bedroom mirror as we admired my new hairstyle.

For the past few hours, Sherri and Jess have been running pink dye through my hair using latex gloves and a diy hair kit.

We decided to do it so that the dye created an ombré look from blonde to pink. I had to admit, it looked fucking amazing.

Because my hair was already a light blonde, it took to the pink dye perfectly, intensifying the bold colour even more.

"You.look.fucking.amazing." Jess stepped back, as she admired their masterpiece in awe.