Chapter 2

First of all I wanted to give you a bit of a cast these are the people I am officially naming as like 'the real life' version of these characters but by no means am I saying that this is what they look like because I know that's not what I imagine. Also I tried to add photos but that didn't work.😁

Mackenzie Foy/Rowan

Kristen Zellers(in her purple hair phase)/Lark

Joey Kidney/Ash

Austin Butler(in his long hair phase)/Lachlan
—————————————————
When I woke up I found that I was still blind in one eye but I could see through the other. I was energized enough to answer their questions. Lachlan had an attitude that Flint wanted to question me so soon but we had no excuse not to. Lachlan insisted on walking me to Flints office even through his annoyance.

"You know he's just using you for your knowledge of the Center right?" Lachlan said while walking me there. At first I was taken aback because I honestly don't know what my relations were with people when I was Rowan, so him 'using me' made our relationship sound like something I always assumed it wasn't.

"Excuse me?" I asked. Lachlan stopped dead in his tracks. Flints office was down pretty far so no one else was around us.

"He didn't try to get your memories back because he just wanted to. He didn't get them back because it was the right thing to do, or because you're a second child, he wanted your memories for himself, for his mission."

"No, he wants them to help the other second children, you guys took me in when I had no where else to turn, I owe that to you guys. Why are you so against this?" I ask.

Lachlan just shook his head angrily then let out a small furious laugh. "Fine, forget it. We'll talk about it later. Take a right then a left to get to Flints office," Lachlan said then walked away. Why do I keep letting him down? Why do I keep disappointing him?

I follow his directions trying to push him to the back of my mind. I have more important things to do than dwell on a boy.

When I reach Flints office I'm surprised by what I see. It is completely bare other than a metal desk, metal chairs on either side of the desk and two filing cabinets at the two farthest corners. A fairly thin packet of papers lay on his desk with a pen, you would think a leader would have more paper work to do. To be honest his office looks like it could be turned into a torture chamber at any second. I notice that his desk is actually a steel surgical table with wheels on the bottom.

Flint is leaned against the opposite wall glaring at me dangerously as if I said something wrong. "Take a seat," he says gesturing towards the chair closest to me.

The questions start off normal. He asks if I had overheard anything that might stand out, if they were having difficulties in the security department, thinks like that. All of which I wasn't much of a help to. When he asked me to draw a map of the place Lachlan's words came back to me. He's using you. He just wants you for your memory. I remember him saying something along those lines. I feel a deep instinct not to trust Flint.

I had seen a map of the center a million times not that I've really ever paid attention to them. I still know a decent amount about the lay out but I choose to hold back. I only draw him a map of the visiting section which is small compared to the rest of the Center.