03 | china vs korea

"jisung, can you come and help please?"

jisung was almost buried under the coffee table, only his ass visible, searching for something. "busy, mom!" he called loudly. "ask hyung!"

"donghyuck! come and help with the barbecue!"

"in a minute, mom!" donghyuck yelled in response. he was sprawled across the couch with his notebook, clutching his phone to his ear. "so, as i was saying, xi-"

"donghyuck, we need help serving up!"

"god, mom, i'm coming!" donghyuck insisted. "anyway, xi-xi, i finished the invite list. i'll send you a picture so you can snapchat everyone and stuff."

"thanks a ton, hyuckie," said xiyeon on the other end of the line, "i really owe you one, you're the best."

"oh?" donghyuck smirked, "and how do you plan on repaying me, babe?"

"you can cash in after the party's over and nobody's dead," xiyeon answered. there was a muffled crunch and donghyuck started laughing.

"are you eating cookies?" he demanded.

xiyeon giggled and choked on the other end of the line, gasping to get some air into her lungs. "fuck you, i nearly choked!" she said, "and yeah, i'm eating oreos, jealous?"

"i want some," donghyuck whined.

"donghyuck! now!" came the call from outside in the garden.

"yes!" donghyuck yelled in exasperation. "i'll call you later, xi-xi. bring me cookies on monday?"

"if you're lucky, bitch," xiyeon scoffed at him.

"hey, since when am i bitch?" donghyuck pointed out, "i call you babe."

"retch," jaemin remarked from the other side of the living room.

"no one fucking asked you," donghyuck shot back.

"see ya later, babe."

the call ended and donghyuck was left a little flustered, his heart melting at his girlfriend's words. he shot a glare at jaemin, who was smiling down at his phone screen, tapping away at the keyboard.

"on snapchat are we?" donghyuck asked, raising an eyebrow in amusement and suspicion. "messaging a certain-?"

he was cut off by a huge rainbow unicorn pillow hitting him in the face. jaemin looked satisfied at his aim.

"hey, that's mine!" jeno protested. he reluctantly moved from his comfortable position with his head in renjun's lap.

"yeah, not surprised," said donghyuck, tossing the rainbow-coloured unicorn pillow back at jeno, who caught it and hugged it tight. "oi, jisungie, go help mom."

"i said i'm busy!" came jisung's voice from beneath the coffee table.

"doing what," donghyuck drawled.

"looking for my ps4 controllers," jisung grumbled in irritation, "they got kicked around last weekend when you were away and now i can't find them!"

"oh? what were you doing last weekend?" donghyuck chortled suggestively.

"chenle slept over and we had a pillow fight," jisung said shortly. "why can't i find the fucking controller...?" he muttered under his breath.

"just use hyuck's?" renjun suggested. he was running his hands through jeno's hair again, smiling at his peaceful expression.

"they're not the same!" jisung burst out. "and i'm not using your mucky ps4 controllers."

"where is chenle anyway?" renjun asked idly, his mind elsewhere.