27 | talk me down

"morning, boys! want a waffle?"

jaemin and donghyuck were each greeted with a stack of fresh hot waffles the moment they walked downstairs on saturday morning, and the kitchen smelled like a slice of heaven. chenle and jisung had nearly finished theirs, and were busy arguing about whether they should play minecraft or lego harry potter first, and who should actually have dibs on the blue controller.

"but it literally belongs to me, lele!"

"but it's pretty, jisungie, pleeease!"

donghyuck rolled his eyes at the pair of them and sat down in front of his waffles. "can you two pipe down?" he asked, before cutting up his waffle and shoving a large chunk in his mouth.

"only if you persuade your brother to let me have the blue controller?" chenle turned his gaze on donghyuck and batted his eyes at him pleadingly.

"the pretty boy act doesn't work on me, chenle," donghyuck scoffed, "but the rat will give it to you anyway because he can't resist you-"

"hey, stop exposing me!" jisung objected loudly.

"so can i have it, jisungie?"

jisung gave a long sigh. "...yeah."

"can i take these with me?" jaemin asked donghyuck's mom, hovering over his plate of waffles.

"oh, are you going home already?" she replied, looking sad to see him go.

"yeah, i've got a lot of exams to study for next week..."

"well, i can pack them up ready to go," said donghyuck's mom, ruffling jaemin's hair fondly, "you go borrow some of hyuckie's clothes and get yourself ready, okay?"

"thanks," jaemin beamed at her.

"don't just steal anything!" donghyuck yelled through a mouthful of waffle and sprinted after jaemin up the stairs.

twenty minutes later and both jaemin and his waffles were ready to leave, and jaemin was standing in the hallway getting his shoes on. he would've loved to stay over longer, but he knew he'd neglected his studies long enough. and after the week he'd had, he was relying on some better grades from then onwards.

"jae," donghyuck muttered, standing with him while he got ready to go, "i've been thinking..."

"i don't like you!" jaemin blurted out, tying the lace on his final shoe.

donghyuck let out a scoff. "yeah, i know that, headass," he answered, "that kiss didn't turn me gay or anything. i've been thinking about xiyeon, actually."

jaemin stood up and dusted off his knees. he'd borrowed a pair of donghyuck's jeans which were too short, and an oversized hoodie which wasn't that oversized anymore. he looked down slightly at donghyuck and smiled. "that's a relief. what about xiyeon?"

donghyuck scratched his head, deep in thought. "well, i miss her," he admitted, "and... i don't know... i guess i should probably apologise..."

"hell yeah, you should," jaemin chuckled, "do it today if you can."

"you think i should?" donghyuck looked hopeful then. the argument that broke him and xiyeon apart had been so stupid and all he was looking for was a bit of confirmation that he should try and patch things up.

"of course," jaemin insisted, "get some flowers and find out what the fuck is going on, dude."

donghyuck nodded slowly, working up the nerve to go ahead with what jaemin suggested. "okay... thanks, dude," he grinned. "have fun, studying, by the way!"