30 | are you guys dating

"mom!" donghyuck hollered the moment he stepped through the front door into his house, "can xiyeon stay for dinner?"

"xiyeon?" jisung's voice came from the living room, "i thought she broke up with you-"

"shut it, rat," donghyuck growled, sticking his head around the living room door, "oh, hi, chenle. fancy seeing you here... again."

chenle popped up over the top of the sofa and grinned at him. "hi, hyung! what happened to your face? wow, your girlfriend's pretty, are you sure she's really your girlfriend?"

donghyuck suppressed the urge to strangle both of them. "can both of you just shut up? and don't break my ps4, rats."

"it's not just yours!" jisung disagreed loudly.

donghyuck rolled his eyes, but relaxed slightly as xiyeon slipped her hand into his. xiyeon just smiled at the younger boys, putting everyone in a better mood.

"well, i think they're both adorable, hyuckie," she told her boyfriend.

"well you're blind," donghyuck scoffed, but he started laughing the longer he tried to remain serious. "come on, i need to go check with my mom."

they then disappeared into the kitchen, where donghyuck's mom starting gushing about how cute they were and how glad she was that donghyuck seemed a lot happier now. (she also yelled at him worriedly for getting into a fight, but that was as an afterthought.)

"jisungie, why's he in a bad mood?" chenle whispered to jisung from back in the living room, still peering over the back of the couch. "didn't he just get his girlfriend back?"

"he's always like that," jisung snorted, snatching up the ps4 controller and taking over chenle's game of gta, "you get used to it after a while."

chenle shrugged and shuffled further down the sofa, resting his face against jisung's shoulder. "i'm kinda glad i don't have to right now," he sniggered, "can you imagine yukhei going that crazy over a girl?"

jisung shuddered, frowning at the screen as he thought about it. "lucas wouldn't just have punched felix," he mused, "we'd all be at his funeral right now."

"exactly," chenle giggled, "luckily he doesn't have a girlfriend. he just spends all his time with mark-hyung these days..."

the two of them fell into a comfortable silence whilst jisung chose a cool car in the game and started speeding down highways, with chenle watching and making occasional sighs or giggles when jisung would crash into something.

things were just how they'd always been. but there was still a tiny crease between jisung's brows as he overthought their entire situation.

from the first time they'd kissed at the party, to the crushing 'no homo' that had slipped out of chenle's mouth, to the second time they'd kissed, to jisung's heroic rescue... to the comfortable yet stifling relationship they were keeping up now - jisung couldn't just forget it all. yes, okay, if he really admitted it to himself, he had a big fat crush on a cute chinese boy, and that cute chinese boy was still painfully oblivious of how he felt.

"oh, i got a snapchat," chenle mumbled through a yawn, and wriggled down to rest his head in jisung's lap as he checked his notifications.

jisung swallowed and tried his best to focus on the screen. boy, chenle sure was making his life so hard. how was he supposed to concentrate on anything if there was a cute boy lying in his lap?! jisung's grip tightened on the ps4 controller and he fought the urge to pause the game and run his hands through chenle's hair instead.

speeding up across the animated highway as his hands tensed up around the controller, jisung felt his breath catch in his throat. just being this close to chenle was both toxic and addictive, and jisung didn't know how he was ever going to manage to keep this up. all chenle saw him as was a friend, and right then jisung would've sold his soul to change that fact.