29 | all or nothing

donghyuck had been tossing and turning all night, conflicted. seeing xiyeon and felix together the day before had messed with his head, and now - even as he woke and headed downstairs - he was trying very hard to keep it all together.

was he jealous of felix? sure, he could admit that. was he going to control himself and not punch felix's face in the next time he saw him? donghyuck wasn't making any promises.

"hey, honey," said his mom when he came downstairs, ready to head out for his afternoon exam, "you studied late last night. did you sleep okay?"

donghyuck shrugged. "not really," he answered shortly.

his mom gave him a sympathetic look and ruffled his hair. "well, good luck on your exam, hyuckie. when it's over you can come back and catch up on some sleep, alright?"

donghyuck nodded and gave her a quick hug before leaving the house. not wanting to get a lift into school super early with jisung, he'd agreed to get picked up by jaemin instead. though, it's not like jaemin was driving - taeyong was.

"hey, hyuck!" jaemin called from the passenger seat, rolling down the window to wave.

donghyuck gave a brief smile and nodded in acknowledgement, and then slid into the back seat. it was the geography exam today, which meant he'd see jaemin (obviously) as well as jeno, but not renjun - who'd opted for art instead. donghyuck was done with population densities and erosion of rivers at this point.

it felt like someone was eroding away his life instead sometimes.

taeyong greeted him cheerfully (which clearly meant he was in a very good mood, though donghyuck wasn't about to theorise why) and put on some troye sivan for the ride into school. he mostly just chatted with jaemin because donghyuck was all wrapped up in his own thoughts.

don't punch him. if you see felix, don't you dare punch him, hyuck.

donghyuck clenched his fists at the thought of seeing felix's smug face as they would go into the geography exam. there was no way he was about to let xiyeon go without a fight.

"are you okay, hyuck?" taeyong asked, eyes narrowing in concern as he glanced at donghyuck in the rearview mirror. he had pulled up just outside the school, and jaemin was already grabbing his bag to get out. "i'm sure the exam will be fine, just don't forget to check the back page, yeah?"

donghyuck offered him a grateful half smile and mumbled, "thanks, hyung," before ducking his head out of the car door and stepping out into the sunlight.

"hey," jaemin called after him as donghyuck stormed through the gate into the school grounds, "hyuck, wait up!" he quickly caught up on his long legs, staring at donghyuck in confusion.

donghyuck just gave a grunt and continued walking.

"hyuck, seriously, are you okay-"

"apologised to daehwi yet?" donghyuck burst out in an accusatory tone, the expression on his face like thunder. in other words, 'fuck off'.

jaemin looked rather put out at that. "dude- you know what? nevermind."

donghyuck bit his lip as he marched through the doors nearing the exam hall. he was really hoping felix would magically not turn up to the exam, or else he couldn't guarantee not smashing his face in.

he never got what he hoped for.

the moment he saw him, donghyuck instantly saw red. in that moment, he forgot all the tangible reasons for actually hating felix, only thinking about how much damage he could do in the shortest amount of time. donghyuck dropped his bag and ran at him, taking felix down to the floor.