05 | breakfast pancakes

morning came and renjun stirred, feeling warm and safe, a pair of arms wrapped protectively around him. his face was buried in the soft fabric of jeno's shirt and he breathed in that familiar scent. smiling, eyes still closed, renjun instinctively reached a hand over jeno's waist, brushing against the hardened muscles in his abdomen.

renjun's eyes shot open and his breath hitched.

panicked, he drew away, almost out of jeno's grasp. what if someone saw them like this? the only person who had any idea what was going on was donghyuck, and they were lucky his big mouth hadn't spread anything yet. and renjun was terrified of people finding out.

"renny," jeno murmured, waking slightly from a deep slumber. he pulled renjun back into his arms, holding him close and kissing his hair.

"jeno, we can't," renjun whispered, struggling in jeno's grasp. "what if somebody sees us?"

still half asleep, jeno just tightened his grip around renjun's waist and pressed more comforting kisses to every inch of his face: his forehead, his nose, his cheeks. "no one else is awake, baby," he mumbled, "you worry too much."

renjun melted at the word baby and relaxed a little in jeno's arms. he was right. it was early and the others were all still asleep. there was nothing to worry about, for now.

"since when do you call me that?" he giggled softly.

"hm?"

"...baby."

jeno grinned at him. "do you like it?"

renjun snuggled into his chest again and pursed his lips. "maybe," he teased.

jeno buried his face in renjun's neck, smiling at his response. he was crazy for renjun, head over heels. a few months ago and he would've said they were nothing more than good friends, but recently their relationship had shifted. now, jeno didn't know exactly what they were, but he was indulging in every second of it.

"you finally got to touch the abs then?" jeno joked suddenly, his breath hot on renjun's neck.

renjun gaped. he didn't realise jeno had felt that. "i thought you were asleep," he muttered, digging his knee into jeno's shin.

"i was," jeno laughed, "kind of."

"you're so annoying," renjun told him. he stuck a cold hand up jeno's shirt in revenge, fingers brushing against skin as jeno yelped in surprise.

"fuck you, renny," he gasped, trying to keep his voice down. he rolled over so that renjun was underneath him, meeting his eyes with a smirk. "don't test me," he warned.

"is that a challenge?" renjun countered with an innocent smile.

there was the sound of a sleeping bag rustling near them, and they froze as jaemin rolled over. he remained asleep though, and renjun and jeno let out a breath.

"let's go have breakfast," jeno whispered in renjun's ear. he pressed a quick kiss to renjun's lips before helping him to his feet and into the kitchen.

later that morning, renjun was serving up pancakes to even donghyuck's parents, jeno was giving moral support sitting on the countertop, and donghyuck was being ordered outside to put the washing out.

"give me a hand, jaemin?" donghyuck suggested, dragging jaemin outside with him and the damp laundry.

"uh, okay, sure," jaemin agreed.

they trudged up the garden to peg up the laundry on the clothes line, jaemin following donghyuck with a bag of clothes pegs.

"so." donghyuck inhaled.