Chapter 1 . Aurelia Stark

Being the eldest daughter of Lord and Lady Stark has its perks. In fact, just being a highborn was a blessing already. At least it was towards the common folk. But being a noble comes with a set of duties and attitudes one must follow. Acting in a way deemed as inappropriate would bring dishonor and embarrassment to not only themselves, but to their family as well. Aurelia's mother and her Septa made sure she understood that. Aurelia would never want to bring dishonor to her family. All she ever wanted to was to make her parents proud, and even doing that is not as simple as she wished it could be.

Aurelia Stark grew up being taught the typical acts any highborn lady must do, such as knitting, embroidering, etiquette, and poetry. It wasn't that she resents such things, it's just that she does not thoroughly enjoys it like her younger sister Sansa do. What she doesn't understand is why a lady is constrained to do only such things, while men are allowed to do as they please. She didn't know where she got it from at first, but Aurelia enjoyed other pursuits that weren't perceived as 'ladylike'. For instance, she favors horse-riding more than anything in this world, and she's very skilled with the bow and arrow, something her mother scolded her for.

She supposed it was the North in her, or perhaps she was never meant to become a proper lady. But one day her father came into her room and told her about her Aunt Lyanna. He didn't say much, just the fact that she inherited her un-ladylike interests from her Aunt. That was the first and last thing that Ned ever talked about Lyanna to Aurelia. The Starks never discussed it either knowing that it was a sensitive subject, and it always saddened Ned.

Ned never forbade her to stop practicing her archery, and he'd always encouraged her to become better than she already is. For all she knows, she wasn't breaking any rule because it didn't seem wrong in front of her father's eyes. Catelyn Stark was a different story. The unbreakable bond between Catelyn and Aurelia always brought a smile to Ned. However despite their bond, it was hard for Catelyn to accept her unladylike interests. But seeing the look in Aurelia's face during target practice with her brother's, Catelyn could not deny what makes her daughter happy. She made sure that her daughter still has the proper ladylike behaviour.

As for siblings, Aurelia's always been closest to Robb and Jon. For the reason because they basically grew up together, with Jon being only a couple of months younger than her, and of course, Robb was her twin. Sometimes it even feels as if both of them knows Aurelia more than she knows herself. Besides, the they were always good sparring partners for Aurelia.

Just like Robb is being groomed to become Lord of Winterfell, Aurelia's groomed to become not only a proper lady, but a mother as well; being one is part of the duty. She was basically a second mother to her youngest siblings. Whenever she has new brother or sister, she would always help her mother by taking care of the others. For instance when Arya was born, she looked after Sansa. However, As much as she's close to the rest of her siblings, she would always be closer to Robb and Jon.

There was a tall hill not far from the castle walls of Winterfell, just by the Wolfswood. Aurelia would always come there to take her mind off things, and it Ned who introduced her to the place. It was the only place she could get peace and quiet. Living in a large family can cause someone to want to be alone here and then. But of course being highborn, one can never be alone. Especially when you are still 18 years old. Aurelia told her parents numerous times that she can defend herself, and although Ned and Catelyn believed her, it didn't ease their worries. They felt better knowing that there's someone else who's protecting her when they can't. Which is why today, her parents ordered Jory Cassel to escort her outside, but she must return back to Winterfell in an hour, and of course Aurelia agreed.

She never does much when she's out on the hill. She only looks at the scenery it has to offer, and she would take her time getting back home. And of course since there's Jory, she would always talk to him to make conversation so that it wouldn't be a silent trip.