Chapter 10 - A Lannister Perspective

Cersei felt like she was living through hell the entire time she stood in the great hall. She felt total agony when she found out that her brother was betrothed to Aurelia, or as Cersei prefers to call her 'The Stark whore of the North'. Whispers of Aurelia's beauty reached the ears of the South and it never left. Despite never thinking about Aurelia Stark in her lifetime, the 18-year-old girl has occupied her mind increasingly ever since news of the betrothal came out. Cersei never felt threatened about a girl who's a million leagues away, but once she heard about the betrothal, she can't help but think of Aurelia becoming the cause of her pain for taking her love away.

Jaime and Cersei's relationship may have ended, however it was never gone. Jaime had always been her and hers alone. No one else was allowed to have him; according to Cersei's perspective at least.

She was positive that she'll be able to end the betrothal by seducing the King into saying yes, but no matter how much wine he drinks and no matter how much Cersei loathed herself for willingly lying down with the King, she was not able to change his mind.

When Tywin Lannister arrived at King's Landing in a matter of days after the betrothal became known to Jaime, the rest of the Lannisters knew the betrothal was going to happen. There's no denying that any longer. King Robert would return Tywin everything he was robbed off from King Aerys. His eldest son Jaime would finally become Heir of Casterly Rock once more, and his legacy would be continued. Tywin needed just that for him to agree.

She stayed silent throughout the entire ordeal. Her eyes were on Jaime ever since he entered the Great Hall with none other than the Stark whore herself, but his never landed on hers. Something which infuriated the Queen even more. Cersei was never one to give up, but now she seems hopeless as she did everything she could to make sure the betrothal never happens. If she spoke out of line, it would earn her a slap in the cheek by her husband. Not only that, she'll insult House Stark by implying that Aurelia Stark is unfit to marry Jaime Lannister. It doesn't even matter if Cersei already thinks she is.

Tyrion was no fool unlike her sister. The rage inside her eyes is familiar to him as he's seen it one too many times. He wasn't as blind as their father, Tywin. One only needed to look close enough to see the forbidden relationship between his brother and sister. Tyrion got the advantage of being raised together. He chose never to speak of it in front of his siblings nor to anyone else. If word got out that Jaime and Cersei were involved romantically, their heads will be on a spike decorating the walls of Kings Landing, along with their three bastard children.

No matter how small his love is for Cersei or for her firstborn Joffrey, Tyrion can never have the courage to be responsible for their deaths. Jaime seem to be the only person he loves, and he cares for Myrcella and Tommen. He would never wish for death upon them. Not to mention, it will stain the name of House Lannister forever.

Tyrion laughed when he heard that Jaime is to be betrothed. He laughed even more when he heard that Jaime is to wed a Stark. It was surprising to him that Robert would choose Aurelia Stark, though it wasn't surprising when Tywin agreed to the betrothal. An alliance with the Starks are a powerful one. But Tyrion could see was that it was dangerous as well, especially for Aurelia.

"Poor girl. Cersei would make every second of her life a miserable one. Not unless the girl has a wit of her own I suppose." Tyrion once said his brother, Jaime, when they were discussing the news.

Aurelia Stark has no idea what she's walking into and neither does the rest of the Starks.

As for Jaime, he's been silent about the betrothal most times, much to the chagrin of Cersei. She tried changing Jaime's mind to no avail, and she can't possibly understand why Jaime isn't doing anything about it. When they were children, Jaime used to fight with their father regarding betrothals as he did not want to marry anyone. At that point in life, Jaime wished to marry Cersei and only Cersei. However, things change with time and so did Jaime's love for his sister.