Chapter 9 - One Step to Forever

Winterfell still felt different with the Southern guests in attendance. Everybody returned to their own duties once dawn breaks. She went to bed not long after returning to the feast. She hadn't told anyone about her encounter with the Imp, nor about the small talk they had. They didn't talk about trivial matters, or even about anything important. They were simply making conversation to waste time so that they wouldn't have to return to the feast anytime soon.

The direwolf Aiyana walk beside Aurelia throughout the small streets of Winterfell. Catelyn was very specific in her instructions to lock the wolves in the kennels, much to the dismay of all the Stark's children, including Jon. All of them were attached to their wolves. Ever since Ned allowed for the wolves to be brought home, them and the Stark children were joined by the hip every second. They only let the direwolves out of sight when they have to.

The wolves have been locked up in the kennels the entire day yesterday, and Catelyn only allowed her children and Jon to have the wolves be free for an hour -with the condition that they will be on leash the entire time- before they go back to the kennels once again. Catelyn was afraid that one of the wolves would cause harm or mayhem whilst the Royal Family was present.

She was about to take Aiyana for her morning walk, when suddenly she bumped into someone, causing Aurelia to release the hold of leash she has on her wolf. The cold hard metal touching against her cheek was all too familiar. There was one thing that Aurelia wasn't, and that was a clumsy person. However in a matter of two days, she's bumped into people twice.

"We really should stop meeting like this, my Lady."

Aurelia cursed under her breath, because she knows who voice that belongs to. The only thing that spread through her mind was 'What were the Gods trying to tell her?' How does one bump into the same person twice?

A few second afterwards Aurelia finally looked up to see a smirk in Jaime's face. Sometimes she wonders if Jaime was born with a smirk on his face, or is he just not able to get rid of it. She wish she could slap that smirk off his face.

"Ser Jaime," Aurelia forced herself a smile. She held her neck up to meet Jaime's eyes.

"Lady Aurelia." Jaime greeted her back, "My brother informed me about your little time together last night." He said, which caught Aurelia in surprise. She didn't tell Robb about talking with Tyrion, yet Tyrion himself told his own brother. Jaime and Tyrion must have been close. However, Aurelia wondered why they don't seem to have that kind of relationship with their sister, the Queen. Aurelia barely saw them interact throughout the feast.

"We only talked, and your brother was kind of enough to escort me back to the feast." Aurelia explained. She was trying to act as if their first encounter had not happened at all. She's never been that brave in front of someone who weren't her family. She showed him the wolf side of her because she was consumed by anger.

"Seems rather odd isn't it? A Lannister and a Stark spending time together." Jaime said, but Aurelia wasn't particularly fond of the tone he used.

"Then why does the King want for us to be married?" Aurelia questioned, "He says its for a political alliance. Says that he wants to unite our houses together after all these years. But what about you? Surely you don't want to marry me. You are a knight of the Kingsguard, none of them are meant to take wives; so, why now? Why are you agreeing to this betrothal? Then again, thinking about all of the things you'll be gaining, I shouldn't be surprised." She taunted him,

"Gain what exactly?" Jaime replied to her, "I gain nothing."

"Nothing, Ser Jaime? You ought to think that through." Aurelia replied, "You're the best swordsman in Westeros, you're a knight of the Kingsguard and by marrying me, you'll inherit Casterly Rock and its titles along with it. You gain everything."