Chapter 33 - A piece of threat

Aurelia cursed under her breathe as she ran around the halls of the Red Keep. She was about to spend the afternoon in the training field working on her newfound skills in wielding a dagger, when she was informed of the news that Arya has not been seen since she broke her fast that very same morning. Aurelia stopped everything she was about to do in search of her younger sister. Somehow, she knew deep down that Arya was not missing on her own intention, but that did not ease her gentle heart. The Capital is full of scheming dangerous people, and as far as Arya can protect herself, it may not be enough to save her own life. None of them wanted a repeat of what happened in the Kingsroad.

    She had been at it for hours, commanding a small part of the Stark's guards over on the other side of the castle. Their search was discreet, not wanting for the Queen and King to be involved as it will turn into a major affair that Ned wishes to avoid. If Arya had been lost in Winterfell, they would have found her in an hour. The stronghold of the Starks was nothing compared to the Red Keep, but it was everything to Aurelia. Leaving home was as if she was leaving a part of herself behind. She would have known where to look if Arya had gone missing back at home, and she would not be as anxious as she was because the Starks would always be safe behind the walls of their home.

    It reminded Aurelia of when she ran away from Winterfell to escape from the chaos back home for a few moments of peace with herself. This must have been what her parents felt when they heard she was nowhere to be found since the chamber maid came to wake her up, and found her bed empty and unmade. Did Robb endured just the same when he was informed that his twin sister was missing? She never asked him that before. All she knew was Robb scoured every inch of Winterfell while their father went to search for her in the Wolfswood, until the boy remembered of the place he brought her once when they went out take their horses for a ride. That place became her sanctuary ever since, and it was Robb who led the search party with their father following behind. But Aurelia went home unscathed; she only hopes that Arya would be the same.

    The eldest Stark girl has reminded her younger sisters numerous times of how dangerous venturing outside the palace walls alone would be. Sansa listened but she never intended to do such a thing, finding herself perfectly content to stay within the castle and explore it with their Septa. Aurelia knew that Arya would be harder to teach. The two were more alike than it appears to be, save for how soft Aurelia's heart can be. Arya was a true Northerner whom spends the days knowing no fear and no bounds. Despite all that, Aurelia thought that Arya would still be able to listen to her and understand that she was saying was for the best. Aurelia only wanted to protect her sisters. Her family has always been a priority to her, and being married to a Lannister changes nothing.

    A later after that, Jory came running to her, informing Aurelia that they found a small gate at the back of the castle. It was usually unattended, but there was no harm in trying if Arya may pass through there. The back gates were difficult to find, and they had to pass through a dark narrow passage to reach it. Even Aurelia had no knowledge of such a place until Jory spoke of it.

    Two men from the City Watch stood guard when Arya arrived. The back gates were by a large courtyard. If anyone had gone further, they would reach the streets of Kings Landing where beggars and merchants find home in the streets.

    "Off with you. No begging." One of the guards dismissed Arya Stark, mistaking her for a street urchin and not the the highborn lady that she is.

    "I'm not a beggar, I live here." Arya exclaimed, trying to get inside the castle. It didn't seem as easy as it was in Arya's mind. She supposed it was due to her appearance. Her once pristine white tunic top was now smeared in dirt from chasing the cat she found in the castle and to the dungeons below. Arya had explored further, and found her way out from a cave on the shores of Kings Landing.