Chapter 3

You ran, as fast as your legs could take you. Up the stairs and to the left, there was a corridor filled with doors; you chose one, anyone, just to buy more time.

You opened the door and it swung with an ugly creak and closed hastily making the walls of the room tremble. The room was empty, dust particles flew everywhere and the floor was full of dirt. But that wasn't the only thing in the room. There were three doors with phrases on them: VERY SCARY, SCARY, NOT SCARY AT ALL.

"What the he..." your whisper was interrupted by a sudden banging on the door that made you jump. You weren't a fan of screaming but you sure squeaked at the jump-scare.

More banging, louder than the first one. You breath started picking up speed and you looked around the room frantically. There must be an escape. The windows. You ran to the windows and tried pulling them up with all your strength. A little bit of hope smiled upon you when the window started to slide rustily upwards. You smiled at it and continue to pull.

At last the window opened and you looked out and down. Two floors and hard ground. What could go wrong? A sprain ankle. Better than death though.

You stepped back and prepared yourself for what was to come. When you finally had tricked your mind into jumping, the door to the room bursted open, along with the other three and the window you vigorously opened, closed. Outside, the skies darkened even more and it almost resembled nighttime.

"Tsk,tsk,tsk" your eyes widened, your body started to tremble in response to the voice "You sure are too much trouble, aren't cha?" he came into view, hands inside his pockets and a smirk on his lips.

You took a step away from him and towards the opened doors. He took a step towards you almost mocking you. You took another step and he followed with the same mockery. Then as expected you ran to the middle door feeling the swift breeze of his hand missing your arm. Inside the room were stairs. You ran down the stairs and the door closed behind you with a loud boom. You erratically looked behind you and missed the steps, rolling down the remainder of the stairs. Your body crash unto some leftover wood, breaking them in the process. I swear, I swear, I swear...

The air was filled with dust, making you cough and inhale the disgusting scent of the rotten wood. You stood up thinking of all the bruises that will certainly come, but more importantly of the scare that huge gash on your side will leave. You groaned looking down at your shirt and spotting the small lines of blood that were quickly dispersing into bigger ones. Taking your jacket off you bundled it together and slide it underneath your shirt, applying pressure on the wound. Your eyes scanned the place and deduced you were in the basement. A strange basement with a well in it. Then something more disturbing caught your senses; apart from the howling storm outside and your alarmed breathing, there was complete silence in the room.

As if on cue white gloved hands grabbed the rims of the well and slowly pulled itself upwards and into view. You took instinctual steps backwards and the creature made it itself complete visible. A clown. Indeed a clown dressed in a Victorian costume you would have appreciated, given other circumstances. His hair was a fiery orange mixed with red, face caked with white make you and red steaks. To complement the look his lips were red along with it's nose. He smiled a crooked smile and his yellow eyes burn into you. That fall must have hit you harder than you thought or the rotten wood contained some sort of hallucinogen, because no way on earth this bastard could be real.

He chuckled darkly "No way on earth for sure" your eyes widened and you ran for the stairs as he laughed hysterically at the joke he cracked.

You went up the stairs with hurry, opened the door, ran out of the room and into the hallway.

"This is madness" you whispered through ragged breaths and continue to walk quickly along the hall.

Then the floor underneath began to cave in and you fell down and unto a an old table. With a loud crack the table broke in half letting you fall among its remains. The stunt left you with a horrible headache and a rather blurry vision. It was amazing your body could still move about, but without a stable vision there was no clear path. Groaning you move to what you assumed was the door. You assumed right. With a weary smile you grab the knob, but numbness started to fill your fingertips. It spread through your hand and up your arm, until you leaned into the door and slid down.

Your ears picked up movement from your surroundings and you vaguely looked up to be met by the clown face to face. You didn't jumped or gasped or widened your eyes, your body was too worn for that. Instead you made eye contact with him and stare into his eyes.

"Such a strong girl, aren't cha?" He giggles madly getting impossibly closer to the crook of you neck, until you felt his inhale and exhale. "Delightful, Ambrosial, nectar of the gods" he zoomed out and looked at you once more "You my dear, will be the perfect one, yes you will, they choose well"

He giggled one last time and you fell into nothingness. Outside of your subconscious, the clown leaned closer still and ripped the front of your shirt a little, exposing you collarbone. He started to nibble on it, but not hard enough to draw blood. He craved it though, and wondered how good would it feel to have it drop down his throat. Surely, it would be pure bliss or perhaps too addictive to overcome later.

His arms snakes under your back and legs as he lifted your body. He pulled you closer with an iron grip not letting you touch anything that wasn't him. He walk and walk through the door, down the steps and down the well you went with him. There was no time to waste, for he had scheme this for centuries now and finally it had come true. He couldn't contain his excitement and his laughter could be heard outside the old house as t echoed through its walls.

Phew!! That took a while. Sorry I didn't updated quicker than last time. Have some hard work to do this week might not update until the weekend and after that I'll try to be non-stop 😏. Again thanks for reading and voting it means so much to me!!