Chapter 26

It was morning when you opened your eyes. The covers still covered you seeing as you couldn't move much last night, since you weren't alone in the full sized bed. Though this fact didn't troubled you as much as the repaired window did, or the deer carcass nowhere in sight.

There wasn't a single red drop in the room, the floor was completely clean and the responsible for all the good and bad deeds apparently left the field. Proof of this was the empty spot beside you, devoid of any warmth.

You sigh, this was supposed to be normal by now. The limbo and uneasiness between the hallucinations and reality should've settled within a week. But four days out of seven don't mean a week and it has taken more, with people who have'd smaller acts of harmless paranormal activity. Though, this one wasn't harmless.

Upon standing, the nausea wave of what could be morning sickness, hits you hard. You walked fast to the washroom, opened the toilet hastily to release the unpleasant truth. It's now that you truly believe what the old man says, you were pregnant. 'How? How? How?' is the question that floats in your mind, but the retching and emptying of your stomach doesn't let you analyze the situation very well.

You proceed to flush the toilet, brush your teeth and wash your face, getting rid of all the clues that could lead your lover to the hidden truth. In actuality, you still don't know how he hasn't found out yet, but you don't question it much. Yet, you pin it to the deal you made with the whispering voice, at the hospital.

After the morning routine, you walked slowly to the kitchen, almost limping absentmindedly. At first you think your mind and ears deceive you, but you are certain that there are two different pitch of voices having a strained but friendly argument. You walk towards the opening between the kitchen counter island and the living room, only to find your sister and pennywise talking.

"How can you say the movie is terrible because is only about a shark?" she argued, mostly annoyed at the clown in disguise.

"Because a fish is not scary" his reply was short and stern, like he's been saying the same phrase in different ways.

"They can be to the right people, but you have to admit the special effects are good for the year it was made. I mean, the shots were nice and it spurted a very famous phrase"

"Fame dies, eventually" he retorted watching the tv screen unfazed.

"Not with this one, buddy" Pennywise cringed at the pet name, but proceeded to look annoyed, even irritated, anyways.

You smiled and said in a soft, but croaky voice " I think is a good movie"

Both of them turned alarmed at te suddenness of the answer. Pennywise almost jumped out of the seat, content to see you, and your sister offered a smile. You could tell she was more than happy that the lingering presence, of your 'husband', wasn't near anymore. She continued to watch the movie silently, while Penny went to hug you. Yet he refrained when you flinched, out of instinct, at his looming presence.

"Sorry, still getting use to it"

"I understand" his voice monotoned.

The both of you proceeded to get farther from the living room and more inside the kitchen. You stepped closer to him, and even if he blushed but only for a second, he knew your closeness wasn't out of love for him.

"Did last night..." you started to whisper

"Yes" he cut you short.

"Then what..."

"I fixed everything"

Then having nothing pressing to talk, the two of you proceeded to stand there, awkwardly. You fidgeted with your fingers while looking down and he looked at you intensely, still not getting the 'being a human' guise.

"Hey sis, I was wondering, did you ever got that red journal you always talked about?" Lana asked from the sofa, lowering the volume of the movie.

"I..." you cleared your throat "I did actually, I have it somewhere in my room"

"How's that going for ya?" you cringed at the last word, but answered anyways.

"I'm doing some research but I need some books from the library, which I never got because I..." you glared at Pennywise through half lidded eyes, to which he chuckled awry much to your dismay "fell down the stairs"

Lana turned the tv off and stood from the sofa. She made her way to the counter island, and suddenly Penny got a weird feeling of overprotectiveness. Something akin to jealousy almost ran, like a cold liquid, through his veins in an attempt to overpower his sense. He held back and merely stood beside you.

"Well, I noticed you don't have much food in the fridge and the pantry's almost empty. S how about me and your husband" the word felt like venom on her tongue "go out and while I'll be getting you groceries, he can pick the books you dropped"

The idea of them going out together, was nerve wrecking. This was the kind of situation that needed to be handle with a throw out of the window. Nonetheless you proceeded to act like you were thinking it over, even stroking your chin in a contemplating manner.

That's when you felt it. Cold tendrils that searched the confines of your mind, looking for your opinion on the situation. It was him for sure, so you did the unexpected, you screamed as loud as you could, inside your head. For your it sounded like a normal scream, the action didn't required much effort, but to him it was a high frequency tune that dulled him for a moment.

"I think it's a good idea, I'll go write down a list of what I need. In the meanwhile, you two can keep watching tv and bond" you smiled and disappeared quickly through the hall.

You sure didn't wanted to be there when that can of worms opened. So you resorted to mind other things, like the tittles of the books you had picked.

Sorry I've been gone for a while, Christmas and all y'all know. Congrats to everybody!!