Chapter 23

The trees hummed under a pale blue sky. It was the perfect day for a picnic or a nice stroll back home, which was what (Y/N) was doing.

After being discharged with an all-okay letter and the hospital fees, your leg was put in a cast. You indeed didn't wanted any bloodshed so (Y/N) agreed to everything the doctors thought best and went along.

Lana insisted taking the car towards your house, but you decided it was a good day to waste it inside a vehicle. The both of were walking down the sidewalk. Enjoying the warm rays of sunshine on the skin, the mild-cold fall breeze tickling your cheeks and the smell of recently cut grass. There was indeed a most urgent conversation that needed to be addressed, however the current moment was a reprieve. The way the trees danced with the wind elicited a small smile and you turned to glance at your sister.

Lana. She was your best friend, she had always been there for you, even when you were wrong, she stood by you, corrected you. She was in fact the one that semi raised you to be the proper person you were today. After your parents adopted you, she truly accepted you, and when the divorce came, when the perfect to the outside world family picture broke, she comforted you and taught you how to cope with it. She was a blessing, for sure. And at the moment, embarrassment seeped in, you were in the deep end. There was no way out of this one, at least not at the moment and the thought of being helpless and useless was wearisome. It brought a scowl to your lips as you reminisced the past few days.

Man, had it been a hell of a rollercoaster. But how could you explain it all in a way that it didn't sound crazy. You peeked another glance at her, noticing her pursed lips and focused expression: she was thinking thoroughly. Probably managing the fact that the cast was just a show to the bystanders passing by and your leg was slowly healing, but not quite. There was a tired sigh that broke through both of your thinking minds.

"So, are you going to explain what's going on or should I presume?" she irked, her tone calm, just like a mother.

"I don't know where to begin, I...I really don't think you would believe me" you tried your best not to frown at your own distaste for the subject.

Perhaps it was time you talked about this crazy ordeal with someone, before you went nuts.

"Then let's talk it out like we used to: geek culture references" she walked ahead of you and urged you inside the upcoming park.

She chose a bench and patted the spot beside her. You looked directly at her eyes and noticed the scared sparks behind the facade of calmness. With a sigh, you complied, surely you can't deny her a good explanation of what has transpired these three days. They seemed to pass in a breeze, and the thought wasn't that alluring.

"Now let's begin" her gaze was fixed somewhere else, but her voice was calming enough to let you know: she was listening.

"Okay" you breathed and stared ahead as well. Your palms started sweating and there was an unmistakable lump in your throat; it was shocking the coming words. You tried your best to swallow it and continue, reminding herself, 'She needs to know for her safety and for my sanity'.

"Well you know, the situation I'm in is more like a werewolf dilema. There's this guy I met on an ironically rainy day. He was handsome, Greek God built or something akin to that. He had everything, Na, the looks, the air of mystery. But out of nowhere meeting him has become my curse. After a confrontation at the Neibolt House, I woke up at my house and he was there acting all husband like. He even cooked breakfast..."

"Was it good?" She interrupted, a playful smirk on her lips, but to say you were suddenly confused was an understatement "the breakfasts, was it good?"

"Na, I'm trying to tell you that a random beautiful stranger kidnapped me and you're more interested on knowing if the breakfast was good?" Your tone was drenched in uncertainty even though your eyes proclaimed amusement.

Lana laugh genuinely. You followed close behind and smiled yourself, until both of you plain out laughed.

"Thank you, I needed that"

"Now, do continue I'm most intrigue by this werewolf"

You smiled and continue to recount everything that happened in these few days. Everything seems almost unreal, as if you were writing a book and seeking a friends advice on how to proceed.

"And that's about it" silence hung, though, it wasn't awkward or stressful, it was just silence.

At the park surround by the trees and drenched in sunlight, all these bothering topics seemed like flames that flicker. The very though of being kidnapped suddenly seemed distant. Lana was still deep in thought, most likely processing everything. But not you, you were realizing that after everything you've been through, you were still here. The fact that you were turning into an unknown force that would live to destroy everything around it, and here you were delighted by the warmth of the sun and the banter with your sister.

'Perhaps I'm one of a kind, in this system' you thought and that made you warm inside, knowing that some good could come out of the situation made your at ease.

"Okay, so once we go to your house, your 'husband' will either eat me and try to kill you? Is there anything you can do about this, like make me a friend and not food?" She was taking it surprisingly well, but then again she did everything like that.

"I could talk to him about it, convince him, Yeah, is doable" you glanced at her with a smile.

"Well yeah, I mean you do have his heart in hands and all" she laughed and you uncertain did so as well "Now come on, let's get the car and drive you home, before your lover has more reasons to eat me. Also, I would love to see you driving with a cast, that'll make my day"

You snorted and followed her out of the park and into the sidewalk. Unbeknownst to both of you, a single yellow balloon floated near the bench you two chatted on. It didn't move up and it wasn't swayed by the wind, it floated completely unfazed by its surroundings. Then suddenly it popped and red splattered in the area.

Sorry I took so long to update, hope y'all like it, there's another one coming right up. Stay close ☺️ Thanks for all the comments and votes, I love to read your reactions and opinions cuz they make my day😂