Chapter 17

The reality of the situation was different; you weren't exactly reliving the memory. Instead you were sitting on the kitchen floor, hugging your knees calmly, near a cooking Bill. The clown form had disappeared and he was cooking normal food for you, with a secret ingredient of course: human meat. You didn't need to know, so he killed two birds with one stone. He hypnotized you, in sense, to calm you but to blind your senses to his misdeeds.

After all you were going o do the same sooner or later he'd made sure of that.

Once he finished the dish, you snapped out of trance. Looking around mildly disoriented, it surprise you the calmness surging through your body. Glancing upwards, Bill offered a hand while holding a plate on his other hand. He smiled with warmth and it made you smile as well. Your blackened hand took his while standing up.

Like a gentleman he had set the table and offered you a seat, which you took with a little bit of uneasiness. He set the plate in front of you and sat at the opposite side of the table with a similar plate. His eyes urged you to try the meal, and you complied by taking a small bite with the fork. It was quite delicious, almost like cotton candy the meat seemed to disappear in your mouth, leaving a rich and savory aftertaste that made you want to devour the course immediately.

Meanwhile he ate at his hearts content, with no regard for finesse or manners, making you glance up at his mouth full. His cheeks were inflated, full with food like a chipmunk with nuts. he tried to smile but only succeeded in letting some of it falls unto the plate. You huffed a chuckle, hiding it just in case it would infuriate him. But it did the opposite, he looked sad that you didn't catch his humor. Noticing his head lower, you reached for the food and filled your fork with a much food as it could hold, waited for him to look up and you led the fork to your mouth but shook abruptly. The scoop fell and the fork entered your mouth empty. He couldn't hold back his giggles and you smiled at his brightened form. Both continued to feed, but the air had a hint of acceptance. It was less awkward and you took a deep breath, mustering bravery.

"So, Mr. Denbrough..." you cleared your throat suddenly nervous at how his face expression looked nervous as well.

"Yes?" his tone sounded curious; he wanted to know instead of reading your mind.

"I..I know our friendship-relationship is not the best...I" your eyes wandered the room until they landed on the window and you saw the day dawning "I was wondering if you would like to accompany me to the quarry...I need to destress and it would served well to get to know each other better before our...work"

In the dim light of the kitchen, you saw his amazed expression and a red tint that crept up his cheeks and ears. He felt hot, and out of breath, never before has this happened. At the moment he felt like a deer caught in the car lights.

"I..Are you alright, Mr. Denbrough, did I said something wrong? I am sorry, I..." he interrupted your nervous blabbing.

"No,no,no,no I just...nobody has ever...I, yes of course" his face diverted away from you, avoiding eye contact at all cost.

"Good, then I'll do the dishes and...get ready" you stood with your plate and grabbed his.

Before you could turn his hand shoot out and grabbed your wrist, not with force but soft. " Yes?"

"Thank you" you implied he had trouble saying the word or was unaccustomed to pronounce it, but his eyes held a gleam of sincerity.

"No, Mr. Denbrough, Thank you" he was confused, but didn't comment on it. Instead he sat in place thinking about the chain of events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The clock on your room signaled 7:00 am in red digital letters. You were never fond of normal clocks, for you couldn't read them easily, so you bought a digital one. The sun was completely up in the sky and its vitamin C rays were enthusiastically entering through your windows. Pennywise waited for you to come out. He was sitting in the living room already dressed and completely dazed by the cartoons on the tv.