Devastation (Older Damian Wayne) Part 3

Part 3

The day was nearing. I had tried to not think about it too much, but Ivy was starting to ask questions. She called me on the flip phone she gave me.

"Hello, Doll. How's our little plan going?" Her sultry voice rung in from the phone.

"I, uh I'm working on it." I was really nervous.

"That doesn't sound good." She sounded annoyed. "Well, have you at least found the Jewels Key?"

I paused a moment. Really questioning my choices.

"Well?" She asked a bit more impatient.

"Yes, yes I know where it is in the manor." I was sweating now. I couldn't believe that I was doing this. Betraying my loved one, Damian.

"Then what's the issue Doll?"

"I-I don't know." I heard her scoff on the other side of the phone. The was a pause, and then she spoke up again.

"Here's the deal, Doll. I'm going to come to the manor tomorrow. A couple of my friends are going to be pulling something dangerous out tomorrow in the heart of Gotham. That way the Batman and his little goons won't be bothering you and me. I just need you to get Brucie and his bratty son out of the mansion."

If someone's going to do something dangerous tomorrow I'm sure Damian and Bruce will be there. If it's large enough maybe even Jason, Dick, and Tim will go with them.

She continued to speak. "I'll be there at noon." With those last remarks she hung up.

I was met with silence and darkness in my apartment. The moon having already come up. It was 11:36 pm. I was too worried to sleep.

Was this going to work? Was she really not going to harm Damian? How can I be sure that it wouldn't be better to tell Damian? He already knows that something is wrong. He keeps calling me because I've been in my apartment for the past two days. I had called off work, and I didn't feel much like going out.

That whole night I barely got any sleep. I ate breakfast at five, and then started to get ready. I had actually taken the key ahead of time. No one noticed because no one expected it to be taken. Least by me.

I had that horrible gut wrenching nausea in the pit of my stomach. I ended up throwing up my breakfast, and decided to finish packing. I had a backpack with a few things. My wallet, my phone, the flip phone Ivy gave me, the key, and one other thing.

Damian was always worried about my safety, and he knew that he wouldn't always be there to protect me. So, he gave me a stun baton. I sometimes would carry it around with me if I knew I would have to work late, but I've never had to actually use it. I carefully placed it next to the key, and zipped up my bag. I was anxious, and impatient. I sat and watched the minutes tick by. Time seemed to not go by fast enough. I had plenty of time to contemplate my choices in these passing hours.

It was almost ten when I got a call on my personal cell phone. It was Damian. I didn't want to answer, but I knew he'd only assume the worst if I didn't.

I pressed the answer call button.

"Hey Dami." I spoke first.

"Hey (F/N)." His deep voice comforted me, he soothed my anxiety a bit. "How are you feeling, I know you haven't been yourself lately."

Gosh, I hate making him worry so much.

"I'm feeling better, I guess I just needed some time to myself." I paused. "Actually I was thinking over coming over to the manor today. You know hang out with everyone." I could feel a lump form in my throat, but I kept my voice steady.

"That sounds perfect, I'm glad you're feeling better." He sounded like he was smiling. "But really if you ever need anything I'm only a call away, and I'm your boyfriend for a reason. I love you (F/N)."

I felt tears roll down my cheek.

"I love you too, Damian." I was shaking.

"Hey are-" I cut him off.

"I'll see you later." Then I hung up. I started to sob. I love him so much, and I feel so weak. Like I'm helpless. Because I'm not strong like him.

Seconds of waiting turned into minutes. Minutes into hours, and soon enough it was time. In that time I thought, and I had made up my mind.

I arrived at the manor a little before noon. All of the bats had left already to deal with the destruction downtown. I entered into the main foyer of the mansion. Ivy hadn't arrived yet. My shoes tapped against the Marble floor, I was alone. I stood facing the doors, hoping she would never walk through them. I kept checking the time.

11:58

It's almost time.

I tapped my foot, and held the key in my sweaty palms.

11:59

Why isn't she here yet. I want to get this over with. I could only hear the clock tick.

"Mrs. (F/N). I'm sorry but all of the boys have left."

Oh no. I forgot.

Alfred.

I turned around to speak with him, but before I could say anything there was a large crash. She's here.

"Hello (F/N)! Ivy has arrived!" Her clear voice rang through the mansion walls. I whipped around to see her coming in on a large plant. She had created a giant destructive hole where the door once was.

"Alfred you need to-" I tried to tell Alfred to leave.

"Now (F/N). I thought you were going to get everyone out of this place?" Ivy started to walk closer to the both of us.

"Mrs. (F/N) get behind me." Alfred moved to get between me and Ivy. I rushed to get the key out of my bag, and pushed past Alfred to come face to face with Ivy.

"Don't hurt him." I felt confident enough to ask that much.

"Sure, but if he starts a fight I'm not going to hold back." Ivy sneered at Alfred. I looked back at him, and nodded to him. He looked confused, but respected my actions. He backed away, and Ivy trapped him in a few of her vines. Then I looked down at the key.

My hands were sweaty, and Ivy looked down at the key in my hands too.

"Okay (F/N). Now give me the Jewels Key." She reached out her hand to receive the key. I took a step back. She looked at me with anger. "Now, (F/N). Don't forget our deal." She started to advance on me.

"No, I know Ivy." I held the key higher. "I know that you need this key, I also know that we need this key. I've been thinking." Ivy stopped and her eyes started to glow. "I'm not strong, and I'm not smart. I'm actually really afraid right now. But I have enough courage to do this."

I smashed the key against the marble flooring. It shattered, and Ivy screamed at me.

"You moron! Do you know what you just did! You just killed yourself!" She lunged at me, and I felt her fist connect with my jaw.