The Only One (Tim Drake)

Warnings: She/Her pronouns, You better like sugar because boi this is fluffy sweet sappy crap

It was hot, I was sticky and trying my best to cool off. Lounging around watching reruns on the television. Wearing something skimpy, and feeling my skin stick together. My hair lazily pushed back out of my face, sticking to my neck. I suck down on a cold brew, occasionally opting to chew on the ice cubes instead.

The hours dragged on. Hearing traffic outside in the Gotham heat, and the rhythmic clang of my nearly broken fan. Usually it was always raining here in Gotham, but today was the hottest day of the year. It was only ten in the morning and it was already 89 outside. With little to no wind. So, I lay here boiling in my $680 per month rented apartment, on the fourth floor waiting for something to happen. Wishing for a snow storm to flow right over Gotham. Maybe even hoping for one of those frozen villains to come freeze me in a block of ice. At least I'd be cool.

I watched a woman fail to win a brand new Mini Cooper on the Price is Right, and took another sip of my cold brew.

"This day couldn't move any slower could it?" I voiced my thoughts out loud in hopes that maybe me voicing it would change anything.

It was my day off, but Tim said he had some work to finish today. Of course he had work to do, that's all that boy ever does. Reading and typing and doing important stuff. Makes me worry about his health. His back is going to be horrible from all his slouching, and he's going to be blind because of his inability to look away from his computer for more than a second. I always try to be angry at him, but it falls on deaf ears. His work is important, and who am I to stop him if it means he could save lives.

I'M WALKIN' ON SUNSHINE, OOH, I'M WALKIN' ON SUNSHI-

My phone rang, and I quickly reached over to answer it. Gladly taking any kind of distraction.

"Hey Sunshine." I spoke as I pressed the phone to my right ear.

"(F/N) stop calling me that." Jason sounded only mildly annoyed.

"That's not goin' ta happen, just accept it." I smiled, and swapped my phone to my left ear. "So, what brought you to call me? You need girl advice or something?"

"No, I haven't dated a girl in like ten years. You should know this." He sounded amused, like the thought of him dating was absurd. "Listen, (F/N), I've been trying to find Drake. You know where he is?"

I felt a quick pang of worry shoot through my body. Only for a moment before I reassured myself that he's strong and resourceful. He's fine.

"No, I haven't seen him all day. Have you tried his room?" I teased at Jason.

"Come on (F/N). I know you think I'm dumb, but that just hurts." He teased me right back. "Yes, I checked his room."

"I'm not so sure about that, Jason. Did you check the Batcave. Sometimes he needs to use that giant computer Bruce has down there." I stood up and started to pace around the room.

"Yeah I checked there. I even checked that dorky computer cafe he goes to sometimes." Jason huffed.

"Well did you check the Batmobile?" I stood still and smiled, there was a pause of silence.

"No." Jason quietly replied, as if embarrassed that he didn't think of that.

"Well you probably shouldn't bother him Jason. Whenever he goes in there it's usually because he just really wants to be alone with his thoughts." I tried to reason with Jason, but I quickly heard his quiet footsteps from the other side of the phone.