Take The Day Off (Bruce Wayne)

Warnings: She/Her Pronouns, Fluff, Batmom

Bruce Wayne doesn't take vacations, except for when he does. The corporation has urged that Bruce take a few days off to spend with his wife and kids. After many series of pestering and persuasion he finally said he'd take a week off. Lucious said he'd make all major decisions while Bruce was away. Of course I was excited to finally spend some time with Bruce.

But I remember that just because Bruce Wayne took a vacation, doesn't mean that Batman will. My dreams of Fiji quickly disappeared.

"Umi!!" Damian barged through the bedroom door; fully clothed in his school uniform. "Alfred says that you won't drive me to school! I refuse to be driven by Alfred again! I have matters to speak of with you Umi, that are best spoken in the car on the way to school!" He stood at the side of our bed. I rolled over to face him.

"Damian, I wanted to enjoy a morning sleeping in with your father." I gently smiled and Bruce sat up to also talk to Damian.

"What's so important that you need to steal her from me for an hour?" Bruce inquired.

"With all due respect father. That is information I wish to only reveal to Umi." Damian defiantly crossed his arms.

"Why's that?" Bruce also crossed his arms.

"She gives much better advice, much better than anyone else in this house." Damian wouldn't give up, and it was nearing time for him to leave for school.

"Bruce it's alright. I'll drive Damian." I slid out of bed, and put on some slippers. "Alright, let's go Damian."

He looked at my pajamas and slippers.

"You're not going to change?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Do you want me to drive you or not?" I put a hand on my hip.

"I do." Damian said.

"Then stop complaining and let's go." I gently pushed Damian out of our room, and turned to sigh and face Bruce.

"Do you usually drive him to school?" Bruce spoke to me.

"Yeah, I do. Most of the time I enjoy our conversations on the drive to school, but right now I'd rather be with you." I smiled, and walked over to him. Leaning down and quickly kissing him on the lips. I tried to pull away, but he set his hand on my back and pulled me down for another much longer kiss.

"Be safe." He smiled up at me.

"You know you're making it more difficult to leave." I stay leaning over him.

"Yeah, but Damian needs to get to school or he'll be tardy." Bruce smiled, the most beautiful and mischievous smile. I stood up, and started to walk out the door.

"Jerk." I laughed a little and made my way down to the garage. Walking through the kitchen first to grab something to eat. There Alfred was waiting for me, coffee cup in hand.

"I'm terribly sorry Miss (F/N), I tried my best to convince Damian to let you sleep in." Alfred handed me my coffee, and an egg and cheese croissant.

"It's fine Alfred. Thanks for trying. I know Damian is a tough egg to crack." I yawned and grabbed Bruce's car keys making my way to the garage. I got in the car and found Damian already waiting for me in the passenger's seat.

As I started to drive away from the manor, back in Bruce's room he was getting ready for the day himself. He put on some casual clothes, and made his way down to the kitchen where Dick, Jason, and Alfred were already eating breakfast.