Chapter 14-I Miss You

"Dabi~" Toga peeked out of a doorway as she creepily smiled at Dabi as his back was turned to her.

"What is it, Toga?" Dabi sighed, his voice more distant.

"Where are you going? You never usually go during daylight~" She mentioned with a melodic voice.

"Out for a walk," Dabi said bluntly before he left,"Maybe beat up a few runts,"

"Don't kill em'~!" Toga sang as Dabi glanced back at Toga who was hysterically giggling.

"Just kidding~!" Toga laughed as she swung a knife around,"Bury them six feet under!"

Dabi flashed a solemn grin before he left as he walking through the dark alleyways of the lower parts of the city, almost abandoned by real citizens, but it is the habitat of the most lowly villains and thugs. Dabi kicked a can across the cracked cement as he watched it ricochet off other surfaces. He soon got bored as he watched his blue fire dance in the palm of his mismatched-hand.

He yearned to see the color red again.

He suddenly stopped walking as he watched his familiar employee stop by some creepy hideout as he looked like he was talking to someone. The door shut and the alley way went pitch black again as the blue-haired boy started to walk, but stopped as the sight of his employer came into view.

"What are you doing here?" Souma asked cautiously as he rolled up his sleeved while he stuffed his hands into pockets.

"I could ask you the same thing," Dabi immediately said as Souma clicked his tongue, still wary from their last encounter as Dabi said,"Take a walk with me,"

Souma saw it as a command more than a suggestion as he walked a small distance behind Dabi through the intricate pathways of the city.

"What was the name of the bitc- I mean girl you're lookin' for again?" Souma abruptly asked he caught himself while Dabi didn't spare a glance at him as he kept walking.

"She's famously known at the Joker of Hearts," Dabi said almost as if he was bragging about you,"But certain people like me and Toga know her as Kurochi Shinoyami,"

"Shinoyami?" Souma questioned with a distant voice.

Dabi looked up to the sky as he was out for so long that it began to turn dark,"Almost like the female god of death such as a Shinigami,"

"Clever girl," Souma flaunted as he looked at his surroundings just in case.

"I don't really have my fair share in gods, but she..." Dabi's voice drifted off as he continued," She always had a thing for fate.."

Souma looked at the back of Dabi's spikey, black hair. Souma wondered what type of person you could be if a crooked and menacing person like him wanted someone like you.

"Look kid," Dabi stopped walking as he looked over his shoulder with an icy-cold look his Dabi's vibrant blue eyes,"I don't trust you. I don't trust anyone honestly, but right now I'm putting faith in you to find her,"

"If you're so eager, why don't you find her on your own?" Souma bluntly asked, pushing Dab's buttons.

"The boss has other plans for me," Dabi said with a tense look,"So my hands are full right now, got it?"

"Sure.." Souma sighed as he walked ahead of Dabi to finish whatever business he needed to attend to. Souma pitied Dabi as he muttered under his breath,"Lovesick idiot..."