Chapter 55-Too Darn Hot

Footsteps sounded as the loose asphalt and gravel crunched beneath his feet. He made his way in a twist of turns then underground tunnels and then back outside to another twist of turns of alleyways only to lead him to a wall of stacked metal beer kegs.

He waved his hand over each barrel till he stopped at one. He pulled the handle on the metal barrel as multiple beer kegs pulled out, forming a door.

As the door opened, you could smell the faint scent of alcohol and old paper. It was slightly warmer inside than the cold night.

It was a long corridor as two large men waited beside a door.

One guy asked abruptly,"What are cards?"

The hooded guy laughed before saying,"Cards as life."

"State your business," One of the other guys said as he crossed his heavily built arms.

"I'm just here for a drink," He sighed as he smiled,"Heard that other than cards, you're pretty good with drinks,"

The two guys looked back at each other as one looked at the suspicious guy and said,"You're a fucking hero, huh?"

The guy snapped his fingers as a blue flame appeared,"I'm not with those shit bags of people. Don't ever toss me in with them,"

The two guys were still suspicious. One guy whispered to the other guy as the other one started to laugh.

"Whatever. We don't care anymore. If you start trouble, you'll get what's coming to you," The guys started to laugh as the guy raised a brow,"Alright we'll let you in. Wonder if you're gonna come back out these doors again. We got a few rules,"

"And what's that?" He said in a snarky tone.

"Don't touch our girls," A guy said as he continued,"And we don't take kindly to sore losers either,"

"And lastly," The other guy continued,"We don't do thieves, but it's not like you'll be able to steal anything, anyway ahaha!!"

"Alright, alright, I get it. Can I get my drink now?" He said as he was getting impatient as the two guys guys let him in. It was a straight hallway and at the end was a silver elevator to the upper floors of the building. The hallway was dark, but dimly lit with a red light.

 He walked in, pressed the white glowing buttons beside the door as he was going to the top floor. He could hear the subtle muffled sound of jazz music and a woman's voice obviously singing.

After that was another long corridor and more guys at a door, however these guy were fancier and had white collared shirts and black vests. They opened the door for him as he finally got to see this massive secret casino.

The entire space was decked out in a deep maroon red as there were many tables dealing games like poker tables and black jack tables with other slot machines. The music was now clear as there was a tiny stage with a woman wearing a clad red dress singing her song for entertainment while the jazz band played behind her.