Chapter 2

Blaise grinned as his mother knocked on the entrance to Malfoy Manor. The large Victorian doors were thrown open moments later. In the threshold stood two elegant looking people.

"Annise! Blaise! Come in, come in, please," Narcissa exclaimed with a smile.

She hugged her godson before patting his cheek, "Draco's upstairs in his room."

"Thanks Aunt Cissy!" He grinned before sprinting up the stairs, offering Lucius a quick wave.

It had been almost a week since he had last seen his friend. In Blaise's opinion, that was much to long. Walking up the three flights of stairs was easy for Blaise. Quidditch certainly had it's benefits.

Without knocking, Blaise walked straight into Draco's room. The blonde glanced up momentarily from his bed before returning his gaze to the ceiling.

"What's got your wand in a twist?" Blaise asked flopping down next to him.

"Why Blaise, do make yourself at home," Draco replied sarcastically, moving over nonetheless so his Italian friend had room.

"Thanks," He grinned looking up at the ceiling as well.

The top of the room had been enchanted to look like the constellations. Both Draco and Blaise could find themselves staring at it for hours at a time. It was a way to relieve stress and have heart to heart conversations. Yes, they could be manly . . . sort of.

"Mum' s been talking to Regan Greengrass," Draco voiced out of the blue.

"Why?" Blaise asked scrunching his noise up.

"He's offering mum and dad five hundred galleons if I marry his youngest, Astoria, I think it was," Draco responded with a heavy sigh.

"That sucks mate," Blaise chuckled. "Ever since mum had to give up Maya to some muggles, she let's me do whatever makes me happy. Its her way of pushing away the worried thoughts."

"You have it easy man," Draco laughed, "All you have to worry about is what to eat for dinner. Here, I have to know what my life looks like in twenty years!"

"What does it look like?" Blaise asked turning to face the blonde.

Draco suddenly got a lost look in his eye and he smiled softly while answering, "To fall in love, actually find someone and be happy. Maybe start a potions company. I've wanted to do that since I was young, maybe accomplish that dream. A couple kids, perhaps. Imagine it, little Malfoy's running around calling me 'dad'!"

"That sounds bloody awesome," Blaise exhaled looking back to the star covered ceiling, "The most I want right now is to find Maya again. It's weird, sometimes I hear this voice in the back of my head. Its very faint and I can never tell who it is."

"What does she say?"

"I've been able to piece together two sentences. 'Honestly, some name, could you be anymore lazy?' And once there was a 'I will bloody kill you Hunter! Don't you dare say a word!'" Blaise chuckled at the last one, "I don't know who Hunter is, but he better watch out. Sounds like Maya has a temper."

"Is that her real name, Maya?" Draco asked.

"I'm not sure. Mum only calls her that. If she did I wouldn't know," Blaise shrugged.

He opened his mouth to say more, but a sudden burning on his left hand stopped him. He grunted in pain and shot up, clutching his hand.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked joining Blaise.

"Its this ring. Mum told me to always where it and I'll forever stay with Maya. It started burning, you don't think she's in trouble, do you?" Blaise asked getting worried.

"I don't know. Why don't we ask your mun?" Draco suggested jumping up and grabbing a shirt.

He threw it on before the two exited the room and descended three flights of stairs. By the time the boys got to the sitting room, they were slightly out of breath. Quidditch may allow them to be more athletic, but nothing can prepare you to run three flights of stairs in less than thirty seconds. Panting, Blaise opened the door and walked in.

"Blaise?" His mother, Annise, asked.

"Hi mum. Um just out of curiousity, does this ring you have me do anything?" Blaise causally asked while flashing her the emerald and diamond ring.

"Why?" Annise asked. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"Just a few moments ago it burned me," Blaise explained shrugging.

"It what?" Annise all but shrieked, clutching his hand and feeling the metal for any sign of heat.

"Is that bad? Is something wrong with Maya?" Blaise asked worriedly as Annise began to silently cry.

"No, Blaise," Narcissa smiled softly, "It means Maya has put on her ring. She knows she needs to find you."

Blaise's face lit up like Christmas. A grin tore across his lips as his almost blue eyes widened immensely. Narcissa let a single tear escape while Annise sobbed in happiness. Draco felt beyond thrilled for his friend. It wasn't everyday you find out that your long lost sister may come back.

"H-How do I find her?" He asked determinely.

Annise wiped a few tears and patted the sofa, inviting both boys to sit, "Blaise, Draco, nearly nineteen years ago I gave Maya away to a family. I do know exactly which one, but I don't know where they are. A while ago every known existence of them was wiped off the earth. I never found a daughter with the same last name as them. There was one girl, but there is no way its her."

Blaise nodded slowly, fully engaged with his mothers story, "And then something happened before Harry Potter defeated the Dark Lord. He found out of Maya, and erased all memory of the family she was living with from my mind. I have no idea where she is, or who she could be."

"Then how do we find her?" Blaise asked, volunteering he and his friend to help.

"She will wear the same ring. Maya could be at Hogwarts with you, or in America even. I do not know," Annise whispered getting tears in her eyes once more.

"We'll find her. Come on Draco, let's go look around Diagon Alley." Blaise declared taking the blonde's hand and racing out if the room.

"They will find her, Annise. We will find your little girl," Narcissa promised.

"That's just it. I don't know anything of her whereabouts. I don't even know what she would look like! Cissy, why did I do this?" Annise sobbed.

"To protect her. In time, everyone will understand. In time, we will find her and bring her home to you again," Narcissa promised, hugging the older witch.

"But what if we don't?"

Narcissa stayed silent. She truly didn't know if they would ever find Maya again. All she could do was comfort the sobbing mother, and hope that Blaise and Draco would have some luck.