Chapter 34

Hermione was lying on her bed reading a book she'd recently gotten. It was a birthday gift from Harry. The title read 101 Reasons Why Books Are A Girl's Best Friend. It even had reasons Hermione had said directly to Harry. She suspected he had had it custom written just for her.

A knock at the door pulled her from her thoughts. "Its open!" She called, expecting Ginny or even Hannah to come.

"Hey sis," Blaise smiled slipping in and quietly shutting the door behind him.

"Oh, hi," Hermione smiled, setting down her book.

"So," Blaise chuckled awkwardly, "Um, why were you and Draco asleep together on the couch when Weaslette and I came in?"

"Oh," Hermione said. She was quite surprised he had asked that. Although, she thought it was adorable. Blaise wasn't making eye contact with her and looked quite flustered about asking.

"He just calmed me down, Blaise." Hermione laughed, "Nothing happened."

Blaise let out a sign of relief and sat on the end of her bed. "Good. I was having a mini heart attack. Anyways, what did Maddie say to you?"

"She just welcomed me to your, I mean our, family, basically. Introduced herself and Marcus. They're both really sweet!" Hermione explained.

Blaise nodded slowly. "C — Can I ask why you were crying?"

"Hm? Oh sure. Its not a big deal. Just stress getting to me," Hermione sighed swinging her legs over the side of her bed and sitting next to Blaise, "We have NEWTS coming up, as you know. So there's a lot going on there. And then, here look at this."

Hermione pulled out her book. It was the one that Neville had finally given to her. She set it on her lap and brushed a stray bit of dirt from the cover.

"Mione, there's nothing their," Blaise stated.

"Not yet, there isn't. I was reading the first chapter. It's like an intro. I'll read it to you," Hermione said opening it up.

"Um, is that safe? Won't I die or something?" Blaise asked, slightly panicked.

"No. I, well, after I came back here, I finished reading it. There's a prophecy, Blaise. I haven't figured it out yet. Neville seems to know, so I might ask him. But I'm pretty sure I can read this to you. It just means that I've selected you to go on the adventure with me. Is that okay with you?" Hermione asked shyly at the end. She hadn't thought about if Blaise would even want to help her.

"If you need my help in this, I'm there," Blaise promise, staring her directly in her eyes so she knew he wasn't lying.

Hermione smiled and turned to a certain page. To Blaise, it was blank. Just old parchment. But to Hermione, it was filled with words. And it soon would be for Blaise as well.

If you are reading this, than shame on you. It seems that the time for my ungrateful daughter to be free has drawn near. You, child, are one of the chosen one. There is another chosen one for this quest. He has already played his part if you are reading this.

Now, I know that this will end horribly. Therefore, I feel no remorse in telling you what you must do. The following text will explain everything. Why my daughter is hidden away. Why you must be the one to follow. And, it will tell of your prophecy.

Because you may be reading this aloud to someone, I shall tell you know. There are six others who will join you on this quest. You get to select the first. By reading this to someone, you unlock the others. They will all be able to read this book after. The same text that appears for you will appear for them.

Good luck, you'll need it.

"That's the introduction," Hermione breathed.

"Prophecy?" Blaise spoke dumbfounded, "Its not that I didn't believe you, but I didn't think there was a prophecy." He paused for a moment before adding, "What's a prophecy?"

Hermione gave him a dirty look. She sighed before answering, in her opinion, his dumb question. "Its basically a prediction spoken in riddles."

Blaise's mouth made an 'O' as he processed the information. The twins sat in silence both questioning what had been read. After a moment Blaise took the book from her. Hermione had closed it after reading, so he reopened it. He ended up on the page with the prophecy.

Blaise's eyes widened when he saw words on the page.

"WHEN NON MAGIC ARRIVES, THE QUEST BEGINS
HEROES OF THE AGES
EQUIPPED WITH FLAMING FISH
WORSHIPPING THE NEGATIVE HOUSE
HUMBLE TO FINDING CREW
OUT OF FLOWERS CASH
HOME FOR OUR MOO
ASHES RAINING DOWN FILM
SHYING TOWARDS THE TOFU
ABLE TO ACCOMPANY LANDMINES
LOVING CAT SOPRANO TALENT
RUNNING TOWARDS SEA DEAD
EXCITED FOR FINAL HI
AIRCRAFT FLIES TOWARD LIGHTS
DETERMINATION TO ROLL TAC
YESTERDAY WAS FOR TACO
SILENCING LOVE OF IMPROV
EATING FROZEN PINEAPPLE JUICE
ESCAPING INVOLUNTARILY RAINY WEATHER
NEVER SEEING ACTUAL FACT
TO MAKING FULL DISH
HOWEVER RIDICULOUS I BE
I HAVE TRUE MEANT
SATISFYING OUR RITUAL FUR
COLLAPSING UNDER QUIET PERU
UNDERNEATH THE NORTHERN LIGHT
REMEMBER THE PAST FOLKISH
SIGNALING THE TRUE DO
EVALUATE YOUR FINAL GIF
AT LAST THE WISH
TIGERS PRANCE FOR MORE
LIONS LIBE TO ROAR
A FINAL CHOICE STEEP
REMEMBER THE PAST GALA
GIVE SAVANNAH BACK FREEDOMS
EQUALITY AT ITS FINEST
THE FIRST AND LAST OF FOUR
FORM ONE AND TWO
ONE WILL GUIDE TWO
BEFORE TWO SEEKS HELP
SEVEN WILL MAKE TWO
ONE OF NON MAGIC
AND TWO BRINGS BACK
WISE ONE'S HIDDEN TWO."

It took two seconds before he burst into laughter. "Stop laughing! This is serious!" Hermione exclaimed hitting him with a pillow.

"Did you read it? Flaming fish? Tofu?" Blaise burst into another peal of giggles after speaking.

"But did you read 'I have true meant?' It means something," Hermione countered.

"You're right, you're right. But it still sounds funny!"

"Oh my gods, just leave," Hermione laughed pushing him towards the door. "I'm going to see Neville. Maybe he can give me some insight to all this."

"Good luck!" Blaise calls as he was pushed into the open door leading to the boys dorm.

"Thanks. I might just well need it," Hermione sighed.

She tucked the book under her arm and started her way to Gryffindor Tower.