Chapter 28

"Hey Hannah! What're you doing here?" Ginny asked.

She and Hermione were stretched out on the couch, their feet crossing over each other. Each girl was dressed to stay in, wearing over sized shirts and sweatpants.

"Nice outfits," Hannah smirked dropping into the opposite couch.

"We have nowhere to go," Hermione shrugged twisting her hair into a messy bun.

Hannah laughed along with the girls. Hermione sat up straight and pushed Ginny's legs off her. She stood up and went to the small kitchen.

"Fancy a butterbeer?" She called back.

"No thanks. I'm going with Blaise amd Malfoy into Hogsmeade," Hannah replied.

"Oh, so another date?" Ginny squealed leaning forward.

She rested her elbows on her knees, and her head on the backs of her hands. She wore a slightly crazed grin while staring down an amused Hannah. Hermione rolled her eyes coming back in. Ginny could get overly excited about other people's love lives.

"Sorta," Hannah shrugged, "I mean, he's not all that bad once you talk to him. Blaise can actually be really sweet."

"Aw," The two girls cooed.

Hermione handed Ginny a butterbeer and was moving to sit on the couch in between Hannah and Ginny, when Hannah stopped her.

"What's that on your hand? The left one," Hannah asked.

Something about the shine clicked in her mind. She thought she'd seen the same silver metal before. She just couldn't recall where.

"Oh, its just this silly little ring," Hermione shrugged holding her hand out for Hannah to see.

"Where'd you get it?" Hannah asked curiously. Up close, she recognized it even more. But for the sake if her life, she couldn't seem to remember who she saw wearing it.

"My mum. It turns out that I'm adopted. That's why I normally have a different appearance. Gin and I have been trying glamour charms, but I always end up like this." Hermione motioned her body, which, currently, was not covered by a glamour charm. "The ring is supposed to be special. My twin brither wears the same. I find the boy who where's it, I find my biological family."

It clicked. A special ring worn by only one other. A lost daughter who can't find her family. The brother who was desperately searching. The name beginning with 'H'.  The story Blaise had told her during their first date, whole she sat and admired the ring he wore. The same one Hermione had laying upon her finger. 

"Blaise! Get down here right now!" Hannah screamed.

"Is everything okay?" Hermione asked worriedly, jumping back from the sudden scream.

Hannah's voice had seemed so urgent that Ginny and Hermione were quite freaked out. Blaise came flying down the stairs, wand out. He crashed straight into Heroin. She fell to floor.

"Sorry," He grimaced extending his left hand, the wand still clutched in his right.

Hermione accepted the hand without thinking, and allowed him to pull her up. The moment she had stood, both Blaise and Hermione froze. Each was staring at the others left hand.

Blaise slowly looked up at Hermione. "Maya?"

. . . . .

"I cannot believe you just ran out of there," Ginny gaped, jumping up onto Hunter's desk and swinging her legs around.

"I can't believe you screamed 'plot twist' the second Zabini said 'Maya'," Hermione mocked.

"To be fair, it seemed as though Malfoy was going to do the same thing. I just beat him to it," Ginny smirked before sighing. "Look, you're going to have to talk to him."

"B-B-But its Zabini!"

"Like you, apparently," Ginny countered.

Hermione glared a death glare at the red head. If looks could kill, Ginny would already be ten feet under. The brunette continued to pace her step brothers office. When Hermione had fled the Head rooms, she ran here first. The safest place that came to her mind was with Hunter.

"Hermione, you have to look at it from his view. Zabini has this twin he's never met. He might've been searching for you his entire life, even. And now, after who knows how long of looking, He's finally found her. And what's the first thing his sister does? Run." Ginny deadpanned, folding her arms across her chest.

"I'm going to side with Ginny on this one," Hunter stating peeking into the room. "If I were this Blaise Zabini, I'd probably be crying my eyes out thinking I had ruined any chance I had at a good relationship with my true sister. He probably thinks that the past has made you hate him and you'll never accept him."

"Thanks Hunt!"

"No problem, Gin. Uh, hi?" Hunter asked turning to someone who had entered the Hospital Wing.

'Are you okay?'

Hermione jumped in shock. She pursed her lips together and did her best to get a message across. 'How did — this. Why — care?' She sighed in frustration, deciding she sucked at the rain telepathy thing.

'So you haven't figured out how to do this yet? I can help you if you want. And I care because I didn't think I was ever getting you back until less than a week before school started. I was able to hope again.' Blaise's voice said inside her head.

'I just — confused — think.' Hermiine attempted again.

'I'm not even going to pretend to know what your saying. Can I just verbally talk to you for just five minutes at least? Draco's trying to convince this Hunter bloke to let me in. You have to admire his dedication. He's saying he hasn't seen you since before school started, but you did fall unconscious for three days, so I know he's lying.'

'I know Hunter — great. He — brother.:

'I know he is. He seems really nice. I'm hoping he doesn't kill me. Can I please just talk to you? Five minutes, I promise.' Blaise pleaded.

'Ginny stays.' Hermione bargained.

'Deal.'

"Hunter, let Zabini in!" Hermione called.

"You just blew your cover, sis. Hurt her in any way and I'll have you deader than Voldemort," The girls heard Hunter threaten.

Blaise walked in a moment later, nervously closing the door behind him. Ginny mouthed to Hermione, asking if she should leave. Hermione violently shook her head no.

"Hi," Blaise breathed.

"Hi," Hermione gulped.

She could see that Blaise had tears in his eyes. For once since she found out, Hermione thought about how he must be feeling. She could even feel a faint trace of his emotions. From what she could feel, he was overcome with happiness and relief. Hermione thought about what it would be like to not know Hunter was her brother for some long, just knowing she had a brother. Then she found him barely a week after realizing she could still find him.

"I'm sorry," Hermione cried.

She walked forward and wrapped her arms around Blaise's waist. He held her tightly to him, tears pouring down his face now. Hermione could tell from the grip he had, that he had been restraining himself from hugging her the first moment he found out.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have run like that and — "

"Don't. Just Don't. You're here, that's all I care about right now," Blaise whispered, silently crying into her dark curls.

Ginny smiled at the two and silently slipped out of the room. Hermione would be okay on her own. She was tough and Ginny hardly thought that Blaise would harm her after all his longing for her.