Chapter 29

"Maya?" Blaise whispered, barely daring to believe it.

The room was in complete silence for a moment. "Plot twist!" Ginny suddenly exclaimed, barreling onto her feet.

Hermione looked up at Blaise. His eyes were starting to water. She began taking shaky breaths before sprinting out of the room. Ginny gave an exasperated sigh, mumbled something about 'too much family drama', and left after her.

"Wow. I-It was Granger," Draco gaped.

"Zabini," Blaise corrected in a whisper.

"Are you going to stand there like idiots or are you doing to chase after her?" Hannah asked, rising to her feet.

"But I told you that you could come to Hogsmeade with us," Blaiee protested. He secretly wanted to be sure she was happy before he was.

"Forget about Hogsmeade. Go get your sister," Hannah cried swatting him out.

"Right, um yeah," Blaise stuttered.

"Your an idiot," Hannah huffed pushing him out of the room.

Draco followed quickly, trusting the Hufflepuff to not blow up their sleeping quarters. They Slytherins raced down the halls, looking in every classroom they could. They were about to head to the Astronomy Tower when Blaise stopped.

"Wait, who would she trust the most?"

"Weaslette," Draco answered.

"And after her?"

"Her brother," Draco said as it clicked.

They stopped climbing the stairs and turned around, heading back down. Blaise ignored the stairs as he all bit sprinted down the halls. He burst into the Hospital Wing, panting, and Draco tailing behind.

"Oh, uh hi?" Hunter asked, shutting the door to his office with his foot.

"Where's Maya?" Blaise asked desperately.

"I don't know," Hunter shrugged.

"Mate, you're the one person this girl would run to. Where are you hiding her?" Draco demands, getting into an argument with the older boy.

'Are you okay?' Blaise asked, ignoring the two in front of him. 

'How did — this — Why — care?' He heard. Blaise chuckled slightly. She hadn't quite figured out how to do the mind thing.

'So you haven't figured out how to do this yet? I can help you if you want. And I care because I didn't think I was ever getting you back until less than a week before school started. I was able to hope again.' He replied. He knew he was milking it slightly, but he wanted to see his sister badly.

'I just — confused — think' Was the reply.

"I haven't seen her since before school started!" Hunter exclaimed throwing his hand in the air.

'I'm not even going to pretend to know what your saying. Can I just verbally talk to you for just five minutes at least? Draco's trying to convince this Hunter bloke to let me in. You have to admire his dedication. He's saying he hasn't seen you since before school started, but you did fall unconscious for three days, so I know he's lying.'

'I know Hunter — great. He — brother.:

'I know he is. He seems really nice. I'm hoping he doesn't kill me. Can I please just talk to you? Five minutes, I promise.' Blaise pleaded.

'Ginny stays.' Hermione bargained.

'Deal.'  Blaise agreed.

A moment later Hermione yelled from the other side of the door. "Hunter, let Zabini in."