Chapter 8

"Mate, what the hell was that?" Blaise asked rushing to catch up to Draco who was waiting in Borgin and Burke's.

"I-I don't know. She just always gets under my skin," He shuddered.

"Don't you think you took it a little far? I mean, she could press charges for you hurting her like that," Blaise reasoned with a skeptical look at their setting.

"She won't. It's Granger," Draco said flatly wandering over to the floo, "It'll just cause trouble and get her face plastered over the prophet. Speaking of her face, what happened to her?"

"Tan and hair charm?" Blaise asked.

"I doubt it," Draco shrugged stepping into the floo with Blaise, "Malfoy Manor!"

"Boys? What're you doing back so early?" Narcissa exclaimed as the blonde and Italian stepped out.

"Ran into some . . . schoolmates," Blaise answered with careful wording.

"He had a row with Hermione again, didn't he?" Narcissa asked with a knowing smirk. If anyone thought Draco got his famous smirk from his father, boy were they wrong. Narcissa could get you to spill the most private of information with a single twist of her lips.

"Yes. How'd you know?" Blaise asked, ignoring Draco's deep scowl.

"You see here," Narcissa said turning Draco's face towards Blaise, "His pupils have dilated and his eye color has lightened to a silver instead of darkening to almost black," she explained using Draco as a human diagram, "He's amused as well as frustrated. Not to mention the slight blush across the bridge if the nose right here."

"Mum!" Draco exclaimed swatting her hands away.

"Blaise? Draco? Have you found her?" Annise asked seeing them.

"Not yet mum," Blaise shook his head, "Just Granger and Weaslette. Turns out Granger has a brother and a muggle boyfriend."

"Has not her boyfriend," Draco defended crossing his arms and stepping out of reach of his mother.

"Someone jealous?" Narcissa teased with a smile.

"Of course not. I just pay attention," Draco scoffed.

"W-We'll just have to keep looking. School begins in two days so you can find her there, if she even goes to Hogwarts. What if she doesn't?" Annise exclaimed getting tears in her eyes.

"I'm sure she does mum. And if not, Draco and I will not rest until we find her. Every holiday we'll look in a different country," Blaise decided pounding the aide of his fist into his palm with a look of pure determination.

"Thanks for roping me into this," Draco rolled his eyes.

"No problem, mate. We all know you have nothing better to do," Blaise grinned clapping him on the back.

Draco shot him a look before sighing, "I'm exhausted. All that walking takes energy. I'll be in my room if you need something."

"Of course, darling," Narcissa replied, "Dinner will be ready at six. The Zabini's are staying with us for it."

"Yes! Nick's bringing over Marcus and Maddie," Annise added.

"Great. See you in a bit mum," Draco said placing a kiss on his mums cheek before rushing up the stairs with Blaise following. Neither boy was embarrassed to show affection for their mothers. They were proud to be the offsprings of such strong woman.

"Weaslette's gotten hot this summer," Blaise mused when they flopped back down on Draco's bed and looked up at the star charmed ceiling.

"Her hair was redder," Draco rolled his eyes.