Chapter 7

"What . . . just happened?" Hermione asked shakily sitting back down.

"I think he just put muggleborns in their place," Ginny said slowly, "I mean, he does have a point. Some, not all, but some muggleborns do think they're greater than everyone because they know about the muggle world while most wizards are confused by it."

"You're right," Hermione swallowed heavily. "We do, sometimes."

"Hey, don't beat yourself up over it," Hunter declared, "From what you have told Jack and I about Malfoy, he'll say anything to get into your head." Jack nodded his head in agreement.

"Thanks guys," Hermione smiled leaning her head on Jack's shoulder, unaware that his face turned red, "You're all the best friends a girl could ask for. I love you guys."

"We love you too," Jack smiled, with only Hunter noticing that it was fake.

"Well, let's eat. I'm starved," Ginny declared picking up the menu and briefly scanning through it before turning to her plate, "Macaroni and Cheese. It says its a muggle food, can't be that bad, is it?"

"You'll love it, Gin," Hermione promised deciding to just get the same.

Their food appeared on the table moments later. Ginny poked around at the yellow looking noodles covered in cheese sauce before taking the tiniest bite out of one. Once she decided that it wouldn't kill her, she ate it in almost one breath. Like brother like sister.

"So you're interning at Hogwarts this year?" Hermione asked her brother with a smile.

"Yes. Madame Pomfrey is getting, well, old. When she retires I might have enough knowledge and experience to take over," Hunter grinned, "Its great, to be honest. Just helping people. I may not be fighting a seven year long war like you did, Mione, but devoting my life to healing others has to come in a close second."

Ginny cleared her throat so Hunter quickly added, "And third to Gin's six years," and ruffled her hair, much to the redhead's displeasure.

"I just need to get some books," Hermione stated, "Then we can go hack home."

"Didn't you already buy the course material?" Jack questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Well of course I did. I've memorized them already. I just need about four or five books each paged at one thousand at least for a bit of light reading."

"You call that light?" Jack grimaced. Hermione whacked him on the head.

"Our muggle Ronald. At least you don't shove your face full of food," Ginny laughed raising her glass of ice water towards him.

"That's sorta your job," He replied with a wink before saluting his drink.

Ginny pulled a face at him before laughing, "We might as well get your books now. Then I'll drop you three off at your house."

"Sucks I won't see you until Friday," Hermione sighed leaving a couple galleons.

"That's in two days, and are you sure? I'll pay," Ginny offered pulling out her sparkly blue wallet.

"Its on me," Hermione insisted, "The Ministry forced Harry, Ronald, and I to take these large sums of money. I have no use for it so I might as well buy is lunch. Besides, you bought me all those outfits so this is the least I can do."

"Girls and their stupid loyalties," Hunter muttered as the girls continued to bicker over who should've paid for lunch while leaving the cafe and walking over to Flourish and Blotts.

"Ah, how can I help you?" The voice of Alexander Blotts, a seventy year old man with grey hair asked when the four entered the shop.

"Hello Alex," Hermione smiled, "I'm just going to browse for a few minutes and try and find some hidden treasures."