Chapter 13

The morning of her departure to Hogwarts, Hermione was awoken by Hunter shaking her violently.

"What? Hunter get off!" Hermione groaned shoving him away.

She sat up amd swung her legs over the side of the bed. Hermione rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and ran a hand through her hair. Hunter grinned down at her with an evil expression.

"We leave in twenty minutes," He stated before sprinting from the room.

"What!" Hermione shrieked.

Hunter called back the same words. They were followed by feet racing down the stairs. He was lucky he could run quickly or Hermione would've had him in a grave.

Hermione stood slowly, stretching out her muscles carefully. She didnt have time for a shower, unfortunately, so she went to the chair she had lied her clothes out on. She pulled on a blue sweatshirt and black leggings with one hand while brushing her hair with the other. Hermione levitated her trunk and hurried downstairs. Grabbing an apple from the kitchen table, she hurried into the sitting room.

"Took you long enough," Hunter teased ruffling her hair.

"Sorry," She muttered taking a bite of the apple.

"We're just waiting for Jack to stop by amd then we'll leave," Hunter explained grabbing her trunk out of the air, "Meet you outside?"

"Sure," Hermione nodded. He dragged her trunk out the front door.

"Hermione," A voice said softly from behind her.

"I'm still upset with you," Hermione stated turning around slowly, "But you did raise me. I can't stay mad forever."

"I'm so sorry we didn't tell you earlier," Jean sobbed throwing her arms around her nonbiological daughter, "You were going through so much already, we didn't want to bring it down on you. And then you had found peace in life again— we didnt want to hurt that."

"It's fine," Hermione sighed softly, "I'll see you guys next summer."

"You're not coming back for the holidays?" Paul asked, hurt breifly glashing across his face.

"Well, you know Mrs Weasley. If I don't stay for Christmas she'll have a fit. Besides, I might stay at school this year and do some studying. It is NEWT year after all," Hermione explained, ignoring the sad stares from her family.

"Of course, dear. Have fun at school and pay attention to your studies," Jean instructed patting her on the back.

"I will," Hermione nodded moving towards the door. She turned back and looked at them once, "Bye . . . mum and dad."

She stepped out and closed the door. Hunter was waiting for her at the end of the pathway. He was talking to Jack, a boy, and a girl. Hermione smiled and joined them.

"Hello Tess and Roger," She waved. Tess was Jack's older sister and Roger was her boyfriend of almost three years. Tess was tall and skinny with curly black hair and blue eyes whereas Roger was built like an American football player with brown hair and green eyes.

"Hey Mione — what happened to you?" Roger cut himself off taking in her appearance.

"Long story. Hunter and I are off to my boarding school. He's interning as the medic," Hermione smiled. Only Jack knew of their magic.

"We shouldn't keep you waiting then. I'll send the schematics to your parents. They'll get them to you," Roger spoke to Hunter quickly.

"Got it," He nodded giving the older boy a 'bro-hug'.