-2-

~Opposites attract each other,right?~

Sorry for grammar faults or misspellings!

Chapter 2 

J A E D L Y N N

Running is a way to express a feeling ;  fear.  You can find it cowardly but that's just who i am. 

A coward.

I don't like things to be difficult, i'll Always just do it the simple way. Why doing it hard if you can do it easy? Why? And that's why i rather be unnoticed. I can do anything i want without being seen. I can live a free life and i can steal glances at my crush. Yeah stupid crush! I only like him because he's really-really handsome, i don't even know his personality. Well.. I inherited something from it today. One word and four letters. 

Cold.

He's like a damn statue. It scares me honestly. Geezzz, can't he laugh or something? I mean, just tugg you're lips up with you're fingers and tadaa, it's finished! And i'm totally mad at him, why would he even embarass me like that in front of the whole school? Just.. No. He obviously doesn't like me and i helped his sister out yesterday. I didn't even  get a proper thank you or anything, next time this stuff happens,  i'm seriously just going to walk away. 

I putted my earbuds back in my backpack and sighed while walking outside. It was lunch and i didn't have anyone to sit with so i walked to my favorite tree. I placed my right hand on the spot where i carved my initials. 

JMO.

Jaedlynn Marcia Ortega. 

(I'm kinda proud of my name. Admit it, it's a cool name!)

This tree is.. important. I'ts honestly my only friend. (mom and dad doesn't count!) This tree listened to my problems. I didn't even have to say something and it understood me. It's so weird but it felt like it was actually listening. It encouraged me to grow further, to learn and not just to throw my homework away. I felt safe, here. Even when it was raining i would sit here, just talking to it. People come here occasionally. It's pretty good, more time with my favorite tree! 

'Hey Grinny.' I stroked the tree, with my index finger. 'Something happened today.. You know that i have a crush on Jack Blackwood, right? Well yeah i sorta ignored him because of my earbuds and he sorta embarassed me in front of the whole school. I know, embarrasing.' I murmured the last part. Heat crawled the way up to my face when i remembered that moment. Everybody was looking! EVERY.BODY! 'Damn you, Blackwood,' I sighed. 

A warm hand layed on my shoulder. I jumped in surprise and my eyes widened when i saw the one person i was trying to avoid. 

Jack Blackwood. 

And what he did next surprised me even more.  He carved his initials in the tree, next to mine. 

JBB. 

'Where does the other B stand for?' I heard myself asking. 

His lips tugged slightly upwards. 'Blake,' He shrugged. 'Where does you're initials stand for?' 

Hurt made his way inside me. But why? Why should he know my name? If i didn't had helped his sister this stuff wouldn't have happened! I didn't wanted to answer his question, i just wanted him to go. Well no.. I wanted him to hug me, to kiss me, to love me!

I turned away from him, thinking he'll go now but when i heard him clearing his throat i knew he was still with me. 

'W-what?' I raised a eyebrow while pulling my lunch out of my bag.