ChapterTwo: Plaything

The next time Maeve apprehended her surroundings she was in a dark cell.She heard water dripping next to her. Sometimes the water landed on her shoulder. At first, it didn't feel that bad, but after a while, it felt like torture.

 She could also hear screams in the hallway which made her question whether it was water or something entirely different that was dripping onto her arm.

She didn't want to know what was happening here. She felt her head sting the more she thought about it. 

Perhaps all of this is only a huge nightmare.

"You are not in a nightmare my dear. We are in hell." Maeve heard a raspy voice next to her. The owner of that voice was an old man. His matted and dirty grey hair was longer than she had ever seen. It touched the floor.

"Who are y-you?" The girl whispered. She had not seen him there before. 

"You do not know who am I but I know who you are" the old man answered. If Maeve thought she was scared earlier, she was shaking in fear after hearing that. How could someone she has never met know about her? 

"How?"

The man smiled showing his yellow teeth. 

"That is a discussion for another time, Queen of Beasts."

Maeve blinked. What had he called her?

She was a human and in the light of recent events she knew that no beast would ever honor her.  "W-what do you m-mean by that?" When she turned to the old man seeking answers but he was no where to be seen.

***

"Where is the human?" The King growled out. For one to say that he was not having the best day, would be a huge misunderstanding. 

Everything one could thing had gone wrong. The stress started to devour on Dominic's heart as he walked away from the Great Hall. Fate had started to play tag with him. And it had no idea with who it was messing with.

He had heard about the human currently inhabiting his castle. It angered him more than necessary. It was his order to bring a one to pay for the sins of their ancestors. 

His little plaything.

"She is in the dungeon."

A dangerous smirk covered his lips. It was a while since he had had a human in his estate. And the last meeting with one had turned bloody. The stench of blood was hard to get rid of. He of all people would know. His souls was drenched in it.

"Bring her to me." The smile deepened. He had just the plan for his human.

"Where do you want her, my King?" One of his soldiers asked.

"Bring her here."

***

"Open it." A male's voice commanded after that few soldiers came into the cell Maeve was in.

"Remove her chains."

Maeve started screaming and struggled against the man's cold hands. She had no idea what is happening, but no good would come from it. "Oh look at that. The tramp can fight back, perhaps she more useful than we thought." One of the males snickered.

Maeve opened her mouth to say something yet she decided against it. It would not bring any pleasure for her. Only more pain.

"Did cat got your tongue, puss?"