ChapterTen: Tomatoes

Cato was sitting on the throne. He knew that if his best friend would walk in he would join Caspian. Or even worse his Mother. He got goosebumps all over his body. Only by thinking about the reunion with his Mother. That reunion wouldn't be one of those where the people run towards each other. More likely his Mother would give him slap in the face. He had also ordered some weakly soldier whose name he didn't even remember to arrange the execution for the human.

He didn't understand the King.

First, he got a mate. Well, he never wanted a mate but still, he found his other half. Then he arranges a Chase where she would definitely die, but the King decided to save her and kill all of the rogues. He certainly didn't know how hard it was to catch them. Then he decides to let her rot in that cell but a few days after that he decided that they will execute her. And why does he do all of this? Because his mate is a human and not a werewolf.

He should just accept her as a mate or let Cato rip her heart out.

All problems would be solved. But his friend is so stubborn that he doesn't want to mate her or let Cato kill her.

Tomorrow is the day when she will be executed. But Cato knew that she isn't going to die tomorrow. The Kings wolf is too strong and already devoted to a human girl called Maeve. Cato himself would do anything to even find his mate, he wouldn't care if she is a human. But fate has decided that he will not find her, at least not yet.

Maeve is not even ugly for a human. If she would be he would understand the Kings hate for her. But they tell that when you see your mate you will be attracted to him or her even if you hadn't ever seen him or her.

Cato laughed. The King sealed his own fate at that moment he wanted a new plaything. Little did he know that the soldiers would bring his mate with them. But fate likes to do little twists.

The doors bust open. Few soldiers walked inside to Cato's relief.

"Beta." They bowed.

"We're looking for the King. Have you seen him?" One of the guards asks. How on earth they don't know where he is. He has disappeared and no one will probably see him before tomorrow or the day after that. Everybody knows that and that is the reason why Cato is sitting on his throne. That is not even so soft as like it looks.

"No."

"All is ready to tomorrows beheading." The other says this time.

"Good. Leave." They bowed again and left as quickly as they came.

Now Cato realized why they looked so familiar. Those guards were those he ordered to arrange the beheading. It was a big surprise that they actually managed to do it. Maybe he should respect the castle's guard more. At least they do like it's told unlike the King, who is too stubborn for his own good.

Well, it is not Cato's problem when the King will kneel in front of that human girl. It is just a matter of time before he will give up. The mate bond is very strong and now they will see if it's even stronger than the King.

That is a fight Cato can't and will not miss.

***

Unlike Cato who was sitting on a beautiful throne, Maeve was sitting on the ground. Where else she even could sit? There is literally nothing in the cell she was in. No bed, no chair, and no running water. There was only a basket what she could use as a bathroom.

Next to Maeve sat a mouse called Tommy. If you didn't have a good sight you would probably even miss him. The color of his fur is grey, the same color as the brick walls and floor.