ChapterThirteen: A Mouse Called Tommy

One lonely guard was walking towards The Great Hall. He had an important message he needed to deliver to The King. The Royal Beta informed that it's urgent and now the guard is running towards The Hall like his ass was on fire.

"What's your business in here" Another guard next to the door asked.

"Our Beta ordered me to deliver a message to The King."

"What kind of message?"

"Tell me if I'm wrong, but the message is nothing you should know. It is between our King and Beta and you are not one of them." The second guard glared at him.

"Fine, you can go in." He said and opened the door.

The King was sitting on his throne and stared at the door. He didn't like when someone disturbed his peace. The guard rushed closer to the throne and bowed.

"Why have you came here?"

"Your Beta told me to inform you that the human girl has broken in the dungeon. And is now back in her old cell. He also asked that you would go there as quickly as possible." He still stared at the floor, he didn't have the guts to look straight into The King's eyes.

"Leave."

"Y-yes sir, of course, sir." The guard said and rushed out of the room. A few minutes later The King followed his tracks and headed toward the dungeon. That girl simply couldn't stay away from trouble. While walking there every servant and guard he passed bowed and some maids even blushed.

Finally, he saw his Beta standing in the dungeon.

"You send a message." Cato turned around and smirked.

"Yes. It seems like your human is also a little thief."

Dominic's eyes widened. "A thief?"

"First she sneaked from a guard here and started to scream some weird name. Then she went in front of her old cell and started to crash things around but then suddenly she started to run away from here with something in her hands when she crashed on me. And now she is in her cell."

"And why do I have to be in here? It seems like you got everything handled."

"She is not my mate," Cato mumbled. That human girl is not on his responsibility and never will be. If she is going to on someone it would be The Kings or The Royal Gammas. And last time Cato checked he is a beta and not a babysitter.

"What did she take?"

'Oh, he is going to love it' Cato thought before opening his mouth. "A mouse."

The Kings eyes held an emotion that could be read as hate or that he was truly pissed of. "You called me to come here and it was all because of a fucking mouse?!"

"You told me to inform anything that associates with the human," Cato remembered like it was yesterday when The King walked into his room and asked... no more like commanded that Cato would be her babysitter. Or maybe The King didn't use the word 'babysitter', but that was the only thing Cato understood.

They stared at each other for a while. All the guards that used to guard the cells were now long gone.

"Where is this mouse now?"