ChapterEleven: Dark Hallways

Few Royal Advisors were walking towards The Great Hall. With them were also The Royal Beta and one of the Commanders of The Kings army.

The King had returned and he's heard what happened to the execution. Instead of Maeve losing her head, she is now in one of the bedchambers in the castle. You could say that literally, nothing went as it was planned.

The plan was easy anyway: First, drag the human to the market square. Second, listen to the speech. Third, watch her head as it falls to a basket. Fourth, The King is happy and won't kill Cato. There was no room for an old hag who ruined everything. Not only save the humans life but reveal that she is The Kings mate.

One of The Advisors knocked on the door. But only silence answered them. He knocked again, but nothing happened.

A few seconds later a powerful voice that everyone scared echoed to their ears.

"Come in."

And they did. The Advisors walked first towards The King, Cato was the last one to walk in. He knew that this 'meeting' is not going to end well. Someone is going to lose his life, hopefully, it is not him.

"My King." They bowed and went to kiss one of his expensive rings.

"We are here to inform you that The Council wants you to choose new Royal Gamma." Dominic's face didn't falter. He knew that he need to choose a new Gamma to replace the now deceased former Gamma.

"Anything else?"

The Advisors stayed quiet. Ethen smirked, those püssies were too scared to ask the thing everyone in the whole Kingdom is thinking about. Is the human girl really his soulmate?

"Uh... W-well all of u-us are wondering.... uh... if the human is your..... mate?"

"Leave."

"B-but M-my King... we a-all."

"Leave!" Dominic raised his voice. He knew that those persons who he called his 'advisors' are truly as stupid as rocks. But after he raised his voice every one of them ruined away from The Great Hall like chickens.

"Not you Cato."

The King didn't even have to say that, Cato already knew that his friend has something else to tell him.

After Ethen had closed the door, both of them stayed in pure silence. Their faces held a look that would have scared anyone else to run to the hills. After about a thirty minutes The King opened his mouth to break the silence.

"Where is she?"

"In one of the chambers."

"Why? She had a great cell in the dungeon."

"Because that old hag told everyone that she will be their Queen. What kind of Queen sleeps in a cell?"

"A human and she will never be their Queen."

"That human is your mate and She destined her to rule beside you."

"Humans are only destined to be slaves. And that is what she will be now."

"You know that as well as everyone that slaves don't live long in this castle, and those slaves were werewolves. You can't do that."

Dominic raised his right eyebrow. "What should I do then?"

"Don't kill her, don't slave her, let her live in this castle in some lonely tower for the rest of her pretty life. If she dies, your wolf will go crazy. If you put her in a slave position she will most definitely die."

"I can't do that."

"Then let her go. If you do that she will disappear forever from your sight."

"They will go after her."