ChapterFifteen: The Ball From Hell

Maeve was in shock. The last time she saw Ethen was when he harassed her in her room. And now he is asking her for a dance. How can she say no to over six-feet tall mountain that has a weird obsession on her?

"What do you say?"

"Umm, I-" The human never got the chance to finish her reply when Ethen grabbed her hand and pulled her to the dance floor. Just like it would have been planned the orchestra started a new song.

Then put his other hand on her waist and started to dance dragging Maeve with him.

"Why did you wear this dress?" He whispers to her ear.

"B-because I li-like it." She whispered but did not dare to look into his eyes. She just wants that the dance is soon over.

"Well, I like it too." He said and put his head near her ear. "Almost too much." After that, he nibbled her ears with his teeth. Maeve felt sick. She didn't like that he was so close to her. She could even feel his erection pressing on her stomach. And the worst part is that Ethen clearly knew what he was doing.

They kept dancing when Maeve stepped on his right leg.

"S-sorry." She mumbled.

"No worries, Love." Maeve started to look people around them. No one of them seemed to notice her panic or if they did they simply didn't care at all. She and Ethen were just a dancing couple in the middle of others.

The human girl even tried to find The King with her eyes. But she was too short to see over the dancing people's heads.

They took few more dance steps before the song stopped. 

Ethen bowed and Maeve curtseyed. 

"How about another dance?" Ethen asked but Maeve was long gone. She ran so fast as she could away from the smirking Ethen. Maeve still felt dirty, she wanted to take a hundred baths but she had a feeling it wouldn't help.

Maeve hid behind a curtain and started to take deep breaths. She knew that Ethen didn't want to be just friends with her. She wanted something that Maeve couldn't and wouldn't ever give to him. And it seems like he doesn't like to get a 'no' for an answer.

She felt a traitor tear on her cheek. 

Why does she have to be so weak? Why can't she just say a no without a shuttering? Why does she let herself to be a piece in their game?

Maeve wiped the tear with her thumb. She promised to herself that she will have a good time and that is exactly what she is going to do. She just has to put what happened behind her.

"I c-can do it." She whispered and started to walk towards the red liquid.

While walking there she walked past the throne and noticed that The King wasn't alone anymore. There were two almost naked blondes rubbing themselves to him. But The King didn't seem to be aware of them. He was staring right at the human in front of him.

Maeve gasped as their eyes locked. His eyes held anger. It didn't matter how much did Maeve love his eyes, she couldn't look at him any second longer without wetting her dress.

'Maybe he didn't notice me', Maeve thought. But she already knew the answer to that. 

When she took a glass on her hand and took a sip a deep voice behind frightened her. "I saw you."

She turned around and stared right at The Royal Beta's eyes.

"I saw you dancing with that asshole." It didn't take long for her to understand that he was meaning Ethen.

Maeve took another sip.

"He saw you too."

That sent a shiver through her spine.