ChapterTwentySeven: A Lonely Bird

Days after days went slower than the earlier.

 Almost every night the human girl woke up in the middle of the night for nausea. Her head hurt and she started to crave all kinds of foods she has always hated. She couldn't understand what was going on. Is she sick? If that is the case she should definitely go to see a doctor and maybe he would give her some medicine and tell what is wrong with her.

But the worst thing for Maeve is the pain of missing someone. She wanted to see him riding towards the castle and her. She wanted to see his mesmerizing eyes again. But the thing she wanted the most was to hug him. Even though she knew that he wouldn't be as gentle towards the hug than his friend.

Every time she saw a lonely bird fly towards the castle she hoped that the bird would carry a letter for her. But every single time she ended up being disappointed. Maeve wanted to hear where he had gone and if everything has gone right. The lack of things to do made her mind race with all the possibilities that could have happened.

The worst possible occurrence is that he has died.

That was a thought that Maeve stopped herself for believing. What would happen to her if he died? No one wanted a human in the castle but since she was their king's mate no one had the guts to say anything. They would probably throw her out at the second they heard about the death.

Where would she go? The sad truth is that she has no one to take care of her. She has no family alive and she has never been good at making friends. She is completely alone in the world ruled by the supernatural. There aren't many humans left and almost every single one of them have isolated in small villages that no one can find them. Just like Maeve and her family did when they were still alive.

Almost all the supernatural species despited humans. They are weak in their eyes. Of course, there are individuals that don't care if their neighbors are humans.

Maeve rose up from a chair in her room. She was sick of just sitting there and doing nothing, she was like a prison in her own room. Every day a few maids brought her food and water but that was it. No one ever came to say 'how are you' or even greet her. She felt exactly like when she was rotting in that cell.

She but slippers on her feet that she found on the same closet she found the ball dress. Her light pink cotton dress didn't do much to warm her so she took a blanket with her.

The hallways were empty and cold. Winter had gone by and spring was making its appearance with flowers and chirping birds. Soon summer would be there and Maeve wished from the bottom of her heart that they would allow her to go swim and pick flowers. She has always loved summer.

She made her way to the kitchen and pegged to the kitchen lady that she would make her some hot chocolate. First, the lady was going to kick her out of her kitchen as usual but she sensed something different about her. She couldn't name it but she seemed even cuter than usual with her puppy eyes. Finally, the lady gave in and made her a large cup filled with hot chocolate that Maeve took thanking her. 

After that, she made her way to the amazing library she once found. The door was luckily unlocked so she made her way to the fireplace and lit it before sitting on the couch sipping her favorite drink under a warm blanket.

While Maeve was drifting to her own dream world where everything is right the beta that has slowly started to show his true nature sloshed in the forest. 

He had gotten a letter a few days earlier that he should come to the forest by himself at the exact time that was told in the letter. 

If he was being honest he had no interest to explore this forest after the last incident that occurred in here. The human almost lost her hand as a snack bite to a wolf. He didn't recognize that wolfs smell so it definitely wasn't Foley and that was surely a good thing. But the thought of why didn't that wolf eat her? The wolf had time and a change but there he sat in front of the human, like a fucking puppy.