ChapterTwelve: Meeting Him

Maeve looked at the large man with wide eyes. He seemed familiar but Maeve couldn't connect the dots.

"Oh let me introduce myself. I'm Ethen Walfcer, a commander to The Kings army and the future Royal Gamma."

What? Is the only thing that is going onto Maeve's head. He seems nice but there is something shady in him. No one has been so nice to her in here, not even Caspian.

"And you are?"

There is no doubt that this werewolf already knew her name. "M-Maeve."

"Oh isn't that a beautiful name. Did you know that it means a Warrior Queen?"

Maeve just shook her head.

"Well no, you do." He said and offered his arm to her. "Let me guide you back to your room. After all, I'm a gentleman who isn't going to let a beautiful woman walk by herself. After all who knows about the dangers that lurk in the dark." When Ethen said that Maeve noticed a smirk on his face. It seemed like in that sentence was something funny. But to Maeve's ears, there were none.

Maeve let her arm tangle his and followed his large steps. Ethen started to explain some facts about the castle as they walked towards the room she stayed.

"How long have you been here, Maeve?" He asked.

Maeve didn't answer to his question right away. "Ummm I don't k-know but p-probably a mo-month."

"And you have been in the dungeon all that time?"

Maeve nodded. She even missed that bloody cell, it felt more like a home than this giant cold castle. There was no love in the castle.

When they finally reached the room Maeve was staying in Ethen bowed and opened the door for her. Maeve muttered a quiet "Thank y-you." And stepped inside. Now all of the windows were covered and the broken dresser.

But what Maeve didn't notice was that Ethen followed her to the room.

"What happened to the dresser?"

Maeve felt tears forming on her eyes again. "I f-fell."

"You fell?" She nodded.

"Your ass isn't that big to broke a dresser, so cut the crap. What happened?"

Ethen waited for an answer for a long time, but the human kept her mouth shut. Something has happened in this room and he could feel that it has something to do with The King. Finally, he has started to treat her like she deserves, a plaything. After all, that is all she is; A pet.

"P-please leave."

Ethen walked closer to her. If both of them breathed at the same time their bodies would touch each other. "Why would I do that? After all, a weak lady needs a soldier to protect her." Ethen took little of her hair in his hands and twirled it.

"Your hair is beautiful. It makes you look even more vulnerable." After saying that Ethen ripper one hair off of her head. "You don't need this, but to me, it will be a reminder for your incredible beauty."

Ethen kissed her forehead and bowed. "Now it's a time for me to leave. Remember to sleep well, after all, we don't want to ruin your beauty. Sleep well, human." After that, he left the room.

Maeve felt disgusted for his actions. First, he seemed very nice but it seems like he has some kind of obsession for her looks. It felt like he would want her to stand next to him and look pretty. He even kissed her forehead, the only person who has ever done that before is her Mother.

He even made Maeve felt disgusted for her hair. She had always loved her strawberry blonde hair, but her Mothers hair was truly stunning. Sophie inherited that hair and Maeve was always super jealous for it.