ChapterFortyTwo: Black Wolf

It all had become all too familiar to her. 

Feeling the weight of the knife in her dress when someone is just a foot away from her. Seeing the pleasure to kill in their eyes as they prepare to hurt her.

How heavy the knife feels like when she takes it in her hands and how the sound of it penetrating through their flesh. The screams they let when they feel the pain of the knife. No one could ever forget the smell and feel of thick wet blood covering your hands. 

Her father had died because she had stabbed him into his chest multiple times. Foley, on the other hand, let out an ear piercing scream when she stabbed him straight into his eye.

But he wasn't dead.

He was screaming from pain as he took the knife out of his eye. Or more like his orbital because his right eye was stuck in the bloody knife.

It was all too much for Maeve- she started to shake as she looked at the brutal sight only a meter away from her. She had done it. But in some weird way she didn't feel any regret. Actually, she wanted to stab him again and again until his icy skin would be covered in red.

She wanted to hear him scream from agony as he took his last breaths. Scream until he would die by her hands.

Just when Maeve was throwing the knife away and climbed on a tree or something else. She didn't want to kill him until he opened his mouth. He had started to shift into a human a little that he looked like a creature from hell. The creature had whispered words like 'the fire' and 'death' but Maeve didn't understand anything until he whispered 'family'.

And that is when she knew that he didn't deserve to live. He had to die by her hands with no remorse.

Foley threw the knife with his right eye to the ground. Apparently, the knife hadn't gone deep enough to split his brains. He started to laugh and took one leap towards her trying to get his hands around her neck.

But he never got the change to do that when a black wolf attacked him. 

When the grey-eyed wolf started to rack the eyeless creature that no more resembled a human nor a wolf. She just stared at the scene. A part of her wanted to go between them to finish him by herself and the other part didn't want to do anything.

She watched as Michael Foley took his last breath. His death wasn't beautiful and peaceful but he did deserve all of that because of what he had done to her family. He should be burning in the flames of hell for eternity only to feel what her mother and a few of her siblings had to go through.

"Dominic," she said. Not whispering like usual but not yelling either. The wolf stopped assaulting the body. It turned around slowly until they were staring at each other.

His eyes were as grey as she had remembered. 

The wolf took a step closer to her before shifting back to his human form. 

He looked different. It could only be her memory slacking, but his face looked tired and the few wrinkles in his forehead made him look little older than he truly was. She could only imagine what she looked at the moment.

She stood still not daring to take a step closer to him. It felt like it all was just a dream, she had missed him and felt so bad because she left him. But now when he was standing a five meters away from her she didn't know what to feel. Maybe a little bit of relief and happiness but at the same time, she felt sad and empty.

Dominic didn't say anything. He just stared at her, her abdomen had grown and the birth of their child couldn't be far away.

He closed the distance between them and hugged her. Maeve had not been expecting that but when she was back into his arms the low wall around her broke down and she started to cry, tears of happiness.