ChapterThirty: The Beauty On The Moonlight

A little girl was looking through a window. The sky was as black as a raven with only a moon giving light to the travelers who seek a place to stay. The girl's family always warned her from going outside on the full moon. She couldn't understand why? Every single one of her siblings goes outside when the moon on its brightest.

She saw as her siblings Kathryn, Noah, Sophie, Kiera, and William ran to the dark forest.  

"Mother? Can I go too?" The girl with a strawberry blonde hair squealed. She wanted to know what they are always doing in the woods. 

Alison turned to look at her youngest child. How much would she have wanted for her to be like her siblings? For her to be in the place of not being afraid of being forced into a slavery by the supernatural. 

"Maybe at the next time," the mother smiled knowing that she could never let her go to the wolf's den. 

"I can reach them if I run fast." The girl whispered making the puppy face. Her mother didn't fall for her pleading. She had to be tough for her baby's safety. If she wouldn't be her only child that was like her would end up in ripped shreds. 

"What if I would tell you a story instead?" Maeve lifted her head from the window and nodded. 

"Come here then," Her mother said and the girl ran to the hem of Alison's dress. Alison laughed and carried her daughter to the nearest bench and sat down making her daughter sat on her lap. 

"Once upon a time, there was a young woman who loved being different. At her time women with brains were despised. The woman didn't care about people thinking she is weird in their small village. She wanted to be her own self not caring what other people think."

Alison turned to look at the small girl on her lap. She had closened her eyes to really focus on the story.

"One day a man came to her father and asked if he could marry his daughter. The father declined and kicked the man out if his small cabin. Never will he marry his daughter off to a man who has a popularity with women. His daughter was his pride and joy, she was so beautiful with her brown long locks looking like a perfect image of her mother. 

The man who was turned down boiled from anger. He was a very handsome man with power and money that made him irresistible with women. He could have had any woman he wanted to expect the most beautiful girl in the village. He plotted that the girl's father left the village to visit another city at the hope of money. 

The woman cried for her father being gone. She missed him so much even though he had been gone only for a few hours." The red-haired woman started to braid her daughter's long hair. 

"A day went by before the man came to ask for her hand. The woman declined because she knew they weren't meant to be together. She wanted to find a true love and marry that person and not a man who only cares about her appearance. 

The man came every day back and every time he didn't get the answer he was waiting for. The woman finally decided to run away and go get her father back. She couldn't stand at being at home alone with a man at the door who made her feel very anxious.

While she was walking in the woods she met a man with a hood covering his face. He was bleeding very badly. The woman helped him and decided to return home with the thought that is the only place where she can help him. 

They talked and laughed and the woman started to feel something she has only read about. She was falling for him. She had no idea what he looked like but she didn't care. She was falling for the inner him and not to the outside of him. The walked for a while when the man that had proposed her earlier attack on the hooded figure.