ChapterThirtyTwo: The Echoing Screams

A high scream of a woman was soon to be echoed through the walls of the castle. It will reach everyone's ears, including The King's. 

He was in the middle of an important meeting where the landlords around the kingdom came to the castle to inform about the situation in their lands. Usually, many of them complained about the lack of food and trespassing species. It was his least favorite time of the year, spring. On every spring you could see how nature woke up from its lethargy and how more and more people came to him complain about little things like how the snow had broken many roofs. Not that Dominic didn't care about his people, he just had many other things he should have been doing. 

Another reason why he shouldn't be sitting there right now is his absent on his thoughts. While they told different things that he didn't give a shit his mind was wondering to the human girl called Maeve. 

Something inside of him changed when he was away. 

His wolf was day after day even more stressed out for a reason he wanted to deny. When he saw her crying outside with her feet frozen something inside of him snapped. She was crying there for him.

She was crying because she thought he was dead.

Never in his life did he have someone who cared about him enough to cry for him. His father was someone who never showed his emotions not even towards his own son. When Dominic was only a child he couldn't understand it but while growing up he figured out why he was so cold all the times. Caring about someone gives them a weakness and no good ruler want to have a weakness. If you have a weakness meant that you are weak too. 

A high pitched scream reached his ears making him stand up and go to the direction where the scream was coming.

Dominic knew on the second he heard the scream who it belonged to. An unfamiliar feeling spread around his body. 

Whew of the landlords accompanied him while he sped up his speed. He didn't care about them, he didn't care about the guards who ran to the direction of the blue room. 

No one has lived on it as long as he can remember. His father always told him not to go there. The room itself was gorgeous with blue curtains, walls, bedspreads etc. It looked like a room where only the queen itself could live.

When the door opened light burst into the dark room showing.A terrified human crying on the ground next to a dead woman. 

He blinked. 

The dead woman had her neck slit open from ear to ear. The blue carpet under her was covered with blood. But those weren't' the worst thing about it because Dominic recognized the dead woman immediately. It was one of his mistresses.

Maeve crying next to her was not helping anyone. Her eyes were bloodshot and her cheeks covered with still pouring tears. A foreign feeling flashed through his eyes. 

The human turned to look at the persons who entered the cold room. Her heart ached. She had been through so much. So much pain that no one else should ever experience.

She had seen her own sister's body when she was shot by an arrow. She had seen her own mother burn alive. She had seen his brother disappear into the thin air in front of her. She has stumbled onto her best friend's bloody corpse. She had seen things that no one should never have to. 

A quiet whimper left her mouth. 

Her face had paled and her hair was wet from her still pouring tears. She didn't want to see any of them. She wanted to seclude into a dark corner where no one could hear her cries. Not even the mouse she loved.

She hated him. 

She hated the beta. 

She hated every male that had made her feel things a person never should think.