ChapterTwentyEight: The Girl Behind The Wolf

"May I go outside, Uncle?" A young woman called Elena asked. 

Her uncle turned to look at her from head to toe. "No," his answers were never long, especially when they were about her.

"Why not?" She was born twenty winters back meaning that she is an adult now and has been one for a few years. Spring has always been her favorite time of year, you can see the nature waking up after a cold winter.

Her uncle, Marion, stood up into his long height and snapped, "Because I said so."

Elena wanted to scream and destroy everything inside of their small cabin. It was definitely not a large one and either a beautiful one. They and their pack have to move very often so they always only rig up a house that will keep them warm.

She couldn't understand why he was so overprotective. He never let her meet any boys and she didn't want to even think what will happen when she finds her mate. Uncle Marion will probably scare the poor boy to death with his questions and expressions. Does he want her to be alone her entire life?

He let her go outside when he had his own business to handle and when they had to move. Even then he made her keep her hand in his except a few occasion in a year when she has to sit still and act pretty when he has things to do that he doesn't want her to know. Those moments were the only time in her life when she was close to freedom. She could think of how she would run in the woods letting her wolf take over.

Marion sat down in his chair again and continued to read the book on his hands.

She wanted to feel the wind in her wolf's fur and the moss under her paws. Was it too much to ask? While her uncle read his book Elena made a vow that today she will leave the house for the night and return only when she has had a taste of freedom.

Hours later when Uncle Marion had gone to bed and was expecting that his nice was also sleeping, Elena put her cape on and walked out of the house. This was her first time ever being alone on her own. Her uncle always believed that someone would try and kidnap her if she ever took a step outside but she wanted to prove him wrong, not that he could ever find out about her night adventure.

After their village was out of her sight she took her clothes off and shifted into her wolf form. The freedom she felt while running was something she couldn't describe with words. She never wanted to give up on it, this was how she wanted to spend the rest of her life. No one could ever catch her.

The wind against her white fur and the moss under her paws felt even better than she ever imagined. This was why she was a werewolf.

After a while of running, she went into a panic. Elena had literally no idea where she was, the woods around her were something she had never seen in her life. They were majestic and tall as if every single one of them was created by God himself.

The panic started to rise even more when she heard the sound of two males speaking. Maybe she could ask them for help but she would have to stand in her birth suit in front of two males to communicate with them. Her uncle would pass out by only the thought of it. Ever since she was little Uncle Marion had been overprotective not letting her speak much to strangers that made her socially awkward and silent in the company she isn't familiar with.

She had no idea if she was in someone's territory or not, she could only wish for the later.

Elena started to run towards the direction she thought she had come from. If she was in her human form she was sure that she would have started to cry from the panic. Now she understood why Uncle Marion didn't want her to be out by herself. She had no idea about how to locate the village and her clothes.