Chapter 1

The light beam brushed across my face, gently waking me from my light sleep.  Today was the day that we leave for Europe to perform the musical pieces we've worked so hard on.  My bags have been packed and next to my door since a week ago, containing everything I could ever imagine—especially lots and lots of money for souvenirs from each country.  We will go to five different countries in two weeks where we will play in some of the grandest locations and my nerves could hardly be bothered with.

    "Get your ass out of the bed, Zinsophia!  We leave in an hour from the school," my roommate Georgiana screamed as she burst through the door.  She quickly started beating me out of my bed with a round throw pillow.  I laugh at her and push the pillow away as I climb out of the bed and brush past her to my closet.  I pick out a pair of slim charcoal yoga pants with netting to cover parts of my legs along with an oversized sweatshirt from the college I just recently graduated from.

    Quickly showering, I rush to braid my messy light blond-brown hair into a simple braid down my back.  There was hardly anytime for makeup even if I had left my makeup bag unpacked.  I slide on my tennis shoes before I'm rushing back in my room.  Sloppily, I throw my duvet back on the bed the way it should be along with rearranging my pillows.  I grab my luggage and walk out to the living room where Gia is waiting for me.  "Harry will be here in a few to put the bags in his truck and pick us up to head to campus."  She chomps on a banana while waiting for his arrival, her short messy hair pulled up in the tiniest of ponytails as to keep stray hairs away.

    "So is your family going to meet us while we're in Athens?" I ask her.  She nods as she sips on her orange juice.

    "Yeah.  They're super excited to see us.  I'm glad we have a day before we perform there.  I wish they could come and listen to us."  Gia's family was originally from Greece when Gia's grandma came across her grandpa while he was on a summer trip to the states.  I've met her aunt and uncle who still lived in Greece only a few times.  They had a daughter who was in high school when they came two years ago.  They were extremely fun and very loud.  It was quite refreshing.

    There's a honk outside and Gia and I grab our bags and tote them outside where an impatient Harry awaits.  "Sorry to be in a mad rush ladies but we've got fifteen minutes to get to the school before they leave us all behind."  Harry throws our bags in the back of his chevrolet.  Gia quickly hops in the back and I sit beside Harry who is sipping on a redbull.  We peel out of our driveway rushing to get to the school on time.

    When we arrive the band director rushes us onto the bus as he checks our names off of the roster.  "You almost missed your trip guys."

    "Yeah but we had to be close to late for old times sake.  This is the last time you're going to see us Phillip.  You should have some aching of sorrow right now," Gia replied.

    "Miss Apostolou, I can assure you that your tardiness is not something I would miss.  And I'm sure this will not be the last I see of you."

    Gia smiled her cheshire grin as she patted his jacket.  "That you're right, Phillip."

    "Mr. Hill, Gia."

    "So glad we're on a first name basis."  Finally she makes her way onto the bus where she sits down next to a window and pulls me with her.

    "Gia why do I feel like you're going to get us into so much trouble in Europe?  You know we're performing for royalty while we're there?"  Harry said as he sat on the chair in front of us.

    "I'm a civilized human, Harold.  I know how to act in front of someone with a title."  A loud snort resonates and we all turn our heads to see Mr. Hill looking down and trying to contain a laugh.  "What got up his ass?"