Chapter 10- It's all in the Script

We pull in front of our house with the pack house just next door. "That's a very nice pack house," Alec says.

"Thanks. I spent a lot of time there in high school. I'll have you stand outside for a minute while I break the news to them." He just nods as we get out of the car. I open the door and walk in with a slight knock. I motion Alec to stand in the foyer as I round into the living room where my parents and brother sat.

"Oh sweetie!" my mom says as she jumps up and hugs me along with my dad.

"If it's possible I think you got uglier in Europe," Gregory murmured.

"Well if I got uglier from going to Europe, what's your excuse?" I snap back with a smirk and a shake of my head.

"Behave you two," dad says in his thick irish accent.

"I thought you said you were bringing a friend, dear," mom says with a look in her eyes.

"Well there's something I have to tell you first." They looked at me confused except for Gregory who just sat on the couch playing a stupid game on his phone. "While I was away I met my mate."

"That's so wonderful!" My mom says excitedly. My dad grumble something about me being his baby girl and that I shouldn't have a mate. "Where is he?"

I walk around the corner and grab Alec's hand as I bring him into the room. "Mom, Dad, Gregory I'd like you to meet my mate Alec Vasilios."

My mom instantly bows as she gasps and my father bows slightly as well. My mom yanks Gregory up and makes him bow. "King Vasilios, what an honor to have you in our home. May I get you something to drink or eat. Please, please come sit down," she says frantically as she goes to exit the room to get snacks and drinks prepared.

Alec stops her in her track with a gentle smile on his face. "Mrs. Script, please just call me Alec. We're now family, after all," he says with a kiss to my mother's hand.

"Well then no need for formalities with us as well your high--- I mean Alec. My name is Molly, this is my husband Sean and our son Gregory."

"A king? How did my troll of a sister manage to be mates with a King?"

"Shut it you toe fungus or I'll throw you in a moat with the alligators," I snap back at him. He just narrows his eyes at me and slumps back in a chair continuing to play his stupid game.

"Children be nice. You're in the presence of a King after all," Mother hushes. Dad walks up to Alec and shakes his hand with a strong force and a glint in his eye.

"Nice to meet you, young man," dad says. Alec just nods his head and stiffens a bit,

"I notice you have an accent sir. Were you born in Ireland?"

"Moved here just before Zinsophia was born. It was hard to leave the pack that I was born and raised in. We still visit very often." My dad rumbles off. I notice that Alec is still very cautious as he has a hand on my knee.

"My Uncle Colin still lives in the pack with my cousin Deidre, Alby, and Conall. Conall is two years older than Deidre and I. We were all really close friends growing up and Alby is sixteen like Gregory. You have got to meet them all sometime, Alec." I smiled at him.

"That would be just great dear. I'm sure Deidre would be super excited to see you again. Conall is getting into his work now. Within the next year I'm sure Colin will have him transition into things." My mother smiles.

For a while my family just sits and talks with Alec and even Gregory becomes interested sometimes. They tell embarrassing stories of me as a child which I know all families do but I had to shut the party down when my mom mentioned the baby book. Gregory complained that he was getting hungry which led to mom inviting us to stay for dinner.