Chapter 21-Where do I sit the glass slipper?

Of course after all of the engagement excitement went throughout the castle it was time for me to get to work on the engagement ball. Alec had given me the task of planning the ball and so during the days when he worked on pack stuff I would work on the ball.

Gia and Hermione had said that they would help me call the Alpha's and give them the date of the ball and tell them that things were mandatory. They did all of the Alpha's except for one that I wanted to speak to personally.

The dial rang as I waited for the answer. "Alpha MacScripton speaking."

"Uncle Colin," I say with a smile on my face.

"Zinsophia? Is that you?"

"Yes Uncle! I had business to speak with you."

I could hear him shuffling in his seat in his office. "Why are you calling from the palace? Did they take you? Do you need picked up?"

I chuckle into the phone as his irish accent picks up when he gets frantic. "No sir. I'm actually mated to Alpha King Deo."

"Why, you don't say! Well a congratulations must be in order."

"That's sorta why I called, uncle. You see, we just recently got engaged. We're having an Alpha Ball for all of the Alpha's and Luna's to come and hear the announcement the sixteenth of next month. It would really mean a lot if you came. I mean technically it is mandatory but I just wanted to call and ask my favorite uncle personally." I could almost hear the smile in his voice.

"I would love to see my beautiful niece again at this party that you speak of but I do have some important work to take care of then." The smile on my face begins to fade as a little piece of my heart is chipped off. "But, I will send Conall and Deidre in my place if that will suffice."

Once again the smile appears. "Oh! Uncle Colin that would be amazing! I haven't seen them in two years. I can't wait for them to come and meet him. He's just perfect."

"I'll see you at the wedding Zinsophia. Congratulations, sweetheart. I'll go tell Conall and Deidre now. Take care," He says cheerfully.

"Good-bye Uncle Colin," I say as I shut off the reciever.

******

The month had gone by quickly. I had picked out the flowers and the tablecloths and even a band. I made sure that carpets were the right shade of burgundy that was used for the royal family. I had many long hours trying to make sure there was enough food and having seat assignments because we don't need a fight breaking out between rival Alpha's.

And tomorrow was the day. I had an extremely busy day prepared for me tomorrow. I had to be up and going tomorrow morning so that I could work with the light man and tell him when to cue the lights and what to play when we walked in. I had to have the announcer man meet me so that he would say each Alpha's name correctly as to not offend anyone.

Today was busy as was anticipated. I made sure that the eight people sat to each table and had their cards spelled correctly and in the same spot. I had to organize the center pieces so that the table number was in view at every angle. Rebecca and Gia were basically my runners. They ran to get more of what ever I needed and they answered phone calls regarding what to wear and who would need to stay and anything else that had to do with this ball.

It was already ten at night and my body ached with exhaustion. I had a silver piece of tape every single place I needed an arrangement for flowers. The dance floor was swept, mopped, and polished and the food preparations were just getting started. I was in the middle of trying to help two maids who needed to know when to bring the food out because the food is slightly behind schedule.