Chapter 34- Just like you

The soft sun rays poured over my skin as I woke up in the embrace of my loving mate. I watched as the light accentuated every little curve of his body that was visible outside of the thin sheet. This is the first time since I've been back that he's really been here when I've woken up. He must be extra tired because of how late we stayed up last night.

I didn't move for what felt like a long time. "Stop staring," a husky voice speaks up. A small grin spreads across my face as I nuzzle back into his shoulder.

"I can't help it." He turns his head and kisses the top of my head. I sit up and turn to exit the bed so I could use the bathroom. A hard smack to my rear end is administered and I couldn't help but to smile even more.

I use the bathroom and turn the shower on hot to where the steam fills the room. My thoughts drift like the whimsical feeling in the room. Della purrs in content as we think about last night. As soon as I told Alec to go that was all the reassuring he needed.

Alec had left the room after I came out of the shower. He said he needed to get some work done because he didn't want to work on anything during our honeymoon. Speaking of which I wasn't really allowed to know where we were going or what all we would do during our trip. I just tried to busy myself with wedding planning and slowly start to take care of the pack with my Luna duties.

When I was ready for the day, I found myself walking around the castle. I had gathered a clipboard with names of all of the workers and even some of the families that lived behind the palace. Today I was going to walk around to check on the staff and see how they were doing personally. Later in the afternoon I wanted to go see the pups at the school a little bit away.

My first stop was at the maids quarters. I had their roster already pulled up and I smiled at the girls as they bustled around and bowed. I greeted them all by name which I found was easier and easier to remember every day. However, my friend was not here and I haven't seen her in such a long time.

"Where is Rebecca?" I asked an older woman who seemed to know of everyones locations.

"Rebecca spends most of her time in the forbidden area. She cleans there a lot and we don't see much of her anymore, Miss."

"Thank you." I say to the crow-eyed woman. She smiles softly and bows.

I began my trek to the forbiddens. My family resided there now and I knew Alec would not be the happiest to know that I am going there. The forbiddens wasn't that bad of a place. It was fairly nice, in fact, to have criminal workers living there. The only reason it was called the forbiddens is so the workers don't involve themselves with any of the forbidden people.

The walk was quiet and eery for me. I haven't seen any of my family since that long day. I couldn't really bring myself to talk much to Conall and Deidre. They were so beloved to me and they fed me to a tyrannical bastard.

I walked the dark halls until I had officially reached the section of the forbiddens. A slight commotion could be heard from a small room behind one of the doors. The sound of hushed arguing and then a harder slam rung in my ears.

Della was instantly on alert. Slightly angered that this type of behavior continues to occur down here, I grasp the doorknob. I threw the door open with haste and gasped at what my eyes took in.

There stood a timid looking Rebecca pinned to the wall with her assaulters body. Her hands were pinned either side of her head and she was almost completely covered with his body. However, when the door was opened the man turned and growled at me. "Back down and step away." I declared with fury in my eyes.