🔅17🔅

[Michael]One month later

[Michael]
One month later...

"Happy Birthday to you," I say sneaking up on her as she's sitting on the couch talking to my mom. "Happy Birthday to you," I kiss her neck.

She turns around and grins, then I bend down and kiss her on her lips.

"Thank you baby," She says. "Me and mama was talking about how much trouble you use to get in when you raced cars in high school."

My mom just loves embarrassing me.

"Really? Mom I was 17!"

My mom laughs, "It's Okay Michael, they're memories! All good memories."

"Not good memories," I say. "I use to get my ass beat!"

"And you just kept on doing it," She says.

I laugh, "I was a kid!"

I see Teddy come in from outside, "Hey Riley, hey Michael."

Me and Riley say hey then he signals me to go over there. I get up and walk to him.

"Yeah?" I say.

"You still remember how to grill?" He asks.

I chuckle a little, "Yeah"

"Good," he hands me the spatula. "I forgot."

I roll my eyes and go outside to grill these meat patties. I hear Riley running towards me, the funny thing is, I ain't never seen her run that fast.

I laugh, "What you need?"

She takes out her phone, "For you to take this picture. Please? It's my birthday!"

I take her phone as she jumps up and down with excitement.