❄️36❄️

[Riley]

[Riley]

There I was. Standing in the middle of a crime scene. I seen it with my own eyes. The blood, the gun. I didn't see it in action, luckily.

Turns out Ashlyn went to Jaliyah's house to ask Jaliyah to work with her again. Jaliyah said no, but Ashlyn threatened her. Jaliyah got her pistol, and killed Ashlyn.

I watched as Diggy helped Michael carry her body away.
I stand there with Jaliyah, biting my nails, thinking of all the things bad that can go wrong. All the "What if's"

I kind of find this as the right time to fix things between me and Jaliyah. Her actions tonight showed me that she really has changed.

"Listen, Jaliyah. I'm sorry for not believing that you changed," I turn to her.

She looks at me, "Don't apologize," she said. "I'm sorry for all the shit I've put you through; in school and out. I was just so bitter, and after having Kenneth, being a mother showed me how to grow up."

A grin rested on my face, "Your apology is accepted."

She sighs, "I- I just killed somebody. In my own damn house what the hell?"

"The police are on their way. It was self defense," I say.

"Your right. But I'm a black woman; she's a white girl."

I face palm. I didn't even think about that.

"Let's pray their black," I sit on the couch and wait on Diggy and Michael to come back.

The police make it and question us all. Jaliyah confesses to the crime and they take her into custody.

Diggy and Michael walk up to me.

"Did y'all get to talk?" Michael asks me.

I fold my arms, "Yes and we're cool now. The real question is, did y'all talk?"

Diggy kinda chuckles, "Well when you drag a dead body with someone that's kinda forcing each other to talk."

Michael agrees and I cackle.

"Finally!" I say.

"Anyway I gotta go so.." Diggy walks his way to the front door.

Me and Michael both say bye and we all leave.

[Michael]
The next morning...

I caress her thigh as we cuddle up on our bed. She wraps her arm around me and sighs.

"Can't you believe it. We've been together for almost a year. Every moment I've had with you has been a blessing. I don't regret anything baby, I love you," She says.

I kiss her, "I feel the same. It's like everyday I fall in love with you over and over again."

She blushes.

"The premiere is in a couple of days. You ready?" She asks.

"Yeah I'm ready. This movie is gonna be huge."

"I know baby I'm excited for you."

"What's up with your book? Have you been writing lately?"

"Yeah I just started back a couple days ago. Almost done."

"That's good."

It's quite for a split second but I break the silence.

"Do you think our life is finally back on track?"

"I don't know Michael. It seems like it."

"You know I have full custody of Kenneth now right?" I say.

I see her eyes widened.

"Oh my god I completely forgot you had a kid," she said. "Today has been a long day that totally slipped my mind. I'm going to be a step mother."

"You gone be a mother in general as soon as I pump this baby in you," I smirk and attack her neck with kisses.

She giggles, "Michael that tickles like hell!" She squirms around.

I chuckle and leave one more kiss on her lips.

"I honestly haven't been feeling too good. I think I'm sick."

I quickly wipe my mouth with my hand, "And you tell me that after I kiss you?"

She cackles, "I'm sorry I just thought about it."

"Mhm," I say.

After we chilled for a good hour, we headed to Jaliyah's moms house to pick Kenneth up. This will be Riley's first time seeing Kenneth in person.
Riley waits in the car as I go inside to get him. I put him in the back in his car seat and we go back home.

[Riley]

I pick him up slowly, still admiring his face. He looks just like his father. I feel my eyes beginning to sweat; this is overwhelming.

I sniffle, "He looks just like you."

Michael chuckles, "If I had a penny for every time someone has said that."

I giggled and removed a piece of Kenneth's hair out from his face.
I know I'm not his biological mother, but I will take care of him as if he was my own. I'll love him as if he were my own. I'll cherish all moments with him, as if he were my own.

I stayed in the room with Kenneth for the rest of the day, doing everything that was needed to do; changing his diaper, giving him a bottle, and putting him to sleep. I wanted to build a relationship with him so it wouldn't be those weird relationships with step children and their step parent if you know what I mean.